The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Holland SC 380 single shoot air seeder and I was wondering how much product I can put through without plugging. I usually band nh3 on a separate pass but am planning on growing some winter wheat and am planning on making a blend with the seed. I was thinking of 65 lbs actual ESN and 25 lbs actual phosphate. With my wheat seed of 2 bushels per acre that would put me around 320 lbs per acre of product.Would I have plugging issues at this rate?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
we have run up to 330 lbs of fertilizer through a flexi coil cart the damp conditions and poor manifold design (morris) caused plugging however at 310lbs was no problem if part of that product is seed then I don't think you will have an issue

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Shouldn't have any trouble with any modern air system at that rate with typical seeding speeds. We did some fields at 8 mph and 380 lbs of product with a morris 8630 and flat fan distributors with no issues. If you have plugging issues, slowing down a mile an hour or even half of a mile makes a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts