The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I screwed up and doubled up the rate, didn't realize until I was tanking up next and was a couple jugs short! Is the stuff going to make it or should i reseed? it was only a 50 acre field I used 40L instead of 20L. Any experience with this kind of screw up? Makes me sick to think I killed my barley it was looking good.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
I always figure an overlap is ok, overlap twice and you will notice it, still shouldn't kill it. Should be similar to doubling the rate.
I messed up today starting to spray my barley. Had it on manual rate after flushing the system from spraying peas and forgot to switch it back. Went 1/2 a mile along an edge before it seemed to spraying a bit thick. Looked over and had 23gpa going on. Was supposed to be 10gpa. Axial and Bromac, I am not to worried. The edge was fairly weedy ;)

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about MCPA, I have used it for years on both oats and barley and often will give thistle patches and such a double shot by either slowing down or actually turning around and making a second pass. Never any issue of anykind.

24D, now that's a bit more concerning;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
mcpa is considered to be slower acting and fairly safe on barley, a double rate will likely cause some stress, possible it may set it back some and induce stress that may cause tillering of the plant, it might even be slightly beneficial in the long run if the moisture and conditions are favorable. you should hope for a few more frost free days in the fall so as to offset the backset of the crop progress. if you have ever seen a crop that was sprayed with a high rate of banvel, you will note it can really set back a crop, whereas mcpa is far less aggressive...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.