The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a couple of combines 2013-14 780tt with dynamic cooling but no cemos and no gps and a 2014 760tt with dynamic cooling and gps and cemos, the threshing hours and condition on the combines are very similar and the price being asked is $7000 more for the 760tt. Is the cemos automatic and gps worth the extra, or am I better off with a little lower price and running a mercedes engine. From talking with a number of the claas dealers they cant do much work on the caterpillar engines because they dont have all the necessary diagnostics or software, whereas they can do all of the work with the mercedes. Just wondering what peoples experiences are and what they think about this choice given the options.

tia

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That V8 is a bit scary. Supposedly if you neglect the overhead adjustment at a bizarre interval like a few hundred hours it can be really nasty like the kinda stuff you go home crying to mama about.

#1 dynamic cooling
#2 inline 6
#3 cemos

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Is the V8 scarier than the Mercedes 6 cyl in the current 780? I actually quite like the Mercedes but never ran the V8. I had to do a valve set after the first year but wasn't a big deal.

As far as the options the 2015 780's got a lot of nice features and in 2016 other models got them too, lots of little stuff. But those machines likely will hold a larger premium.

As far as the two you describe it's pretty much a wash IMO. The 7K likely will be spent putting GPS in the 780? Cemos is nice for the little monitor that shows shaft speeds but I don't know anyone around here that hasn't given up on trying to make it work. Once you know the machine you can pretty much dial the settings in right away, whereas the cemos will drive you nuts doing stupid "learning" phases all day.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Well the inline six isn't a Merc its a MTU. Could be badged Merc now.

Maybe it was 2016 they came out with the header auto stop? That's frankly the ticket. I'd kick cemos right off the list to get the auto header stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts