The Combine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
You bumped a 2 month old thread to defend a shortline company?

First stepping up for robbing richardson and now meridian? Next you're gonna tell us climate field view isnt actually the spawn of the devil? All hail our german corporate overlords?!?

Let's face it, ag stuff is all underbuilt trash. We re one step up from lawn and garden.
ya I did - what’s it too ya ?

I get along with my support network, be it Iron, fert
You bumped a 2 month old thread to defend a shortline company?

First stepping up for robbing richardson and now meridian? Next you're gonna tell us climate field view isnt actually the spawn of the devil? All hail our german corporate overlords?!?

Let's face it, ag stuff is all underbuilt trash. We re one step up from lawn and garden.
Is there a problem with that ?
Yes I did defend Richardson, … why not? They’ve gone too bat for me , free country last time I checked .. Im not the boy hiding behind a keyboard and calling them “ robbers” .. u got a problem - be a man,

No point in replying to this. Its getting a bit too troll type now. You know..... farmers should be sticking together against these ever enlarging companies, instead of trying to win arguments on here. But I dream.

Nope , no troll here , and I’m entitled to my opinion - my view on why the OP auger blew up, and I jstated that Meridan has fixed me upon multiple occasions under warrenty, various augers, over time … not a problem ..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I got an auger this fall. Came later than when it was supposed to. Isn’t straight. Cables super tight on the left side and loose on the other. Flighting is noisy around where the lift for the swing is. Nobody has come to check it out. Maybe it should just go back
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Daytime Building

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
How does a” little bit of abuse “ and denied warrenty go hand in hand ?? Please enlighten

than if it’s getting some abuse, and it breaks - it’s a piece of ship??? Lol ok

ever notice how much some augers drop when loaded going into a bin ? Engineered properly Steel can flex… the flighting has near a inch clearance in the tube

i just agree that the flighting broke because it got plugged , if meridian though different , they woulda fixed it …
so you’re just gonna go on and on like a moron about the plugged auger (a conclusion you’ve made without seeing anything with your own eyes for christ sake, the ****in audacity this guy has wow) and not once acknowledge the fact that the tube is severely bent, again something meridian admitted was an issue? I’m not too worried anyway, anyone reading this can tell who the dumb guy is here. And again, 6 months before we even got a response from Meridian!? Anyway you’re a loser, clearly, so keep copping for the big companies bud.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I learned the hard way when I plugged up my 13-85 farm king which for some reason didnt break the shear bolt and stripped my tractor pto plates on my case tractor. Couldn t get down the ladder fast enough. That was on me and it also cracked my flighting and must have half broke a bolt because the next year the flighting piled up on me. Nothing wrong with the product, I just made a mistake. Concerning the droop in the augers I was told the heat from the sun can bend the auger just like a auger on a john deere 635f header. I guess its the cold nights and heat during the day can change the way the metal bends. Also , most of the time the auger will lean towards the swing auger.
Usually I thought the augers are made well now. I think its the set up that can cause problems initially and that can put a bad taste in your mouth.
I have had enough experience with augers to know its a good idea to have a back up auger and tractor parked ready to go. Also put an alarm on the auger to prevent a plug up now.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
I learned the hard way when I plugged up my 13-85 farm king which for some reason didnt break the shear bolt and stripped my tractor pto plates on my case tractor. Couldn t get down the ladder fast enough. That was on me and it also cracked my flighting and must have half broke a bolt because the next year the flighting piled up on me. Nothing wrong with the product, I just made a mistake. Concerning the droop in the augers I was told the heat from the sun can bend the auger just like a auger on a john deere 635f header. I guess its the cold nights and heat during the day can change the way the metal bends. Also , most of the time the auger will lean towards the swing auger.
Usually I thought the augers are made well now. I think its the set up that can cause problems initially and that can put a bad taste in your mouth.
I have had enough experience with augers to know its a good idea to have a back up auger and tractor parked ready to go. Also put an alarm on the auger to prevent a plug up now.
i just want to say that this is absolutely not ‘droop’ in the auger, seems lot in this thread talking about this. This is a straight up bend in the tubing that was very clearly caused from the weight of the swing, despite never leaving the bin yard, and Meridian has admitted to that. This auger also has the never spill spout on it. The plug up was minor, not going to address it anymore.

·
Registered
753 Posts
With augers costing $40,000 to 65,000 now, it is realistic that expectations of performance and reliability go up. Farmers put up with a lot of substandard things with augers over the years because they were cheap to buy.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
And in this day and age why no alarm stage two auto pto shutdown long before anything is plugged and therefore anything damaged?!
Such a feature is beginning to sound cheap to me.
How does that stop things from getting wrecked when you have a 300hp tractor on an auger? And I don’t see too many brand new tractors with all the fancy gadgets on augers.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Isn't the purpose of the shear bolts to prevent auger damage? Clearly the manufacturers know their augers wll be plugged at least a few times. I don't know of any auger that's never been plugged and sheared a bolt.

·
Registered
759 Posts
And in this day and age why no alarm stage two auto pto shutdown long before anything is plugged and therefore anything damaged?!
Such a feature is beginning to sound cheap to me.
**** ya, let me get the tech out with the laptop to diagnose my auger that won't run because it detected grain over 13% moisture and now needs to be reset.

·
Registered
750 Posts
**** ya, let me get the tech out with the laptop to diagnose my auger that won't run because it detected grain over 13% moisture and now needs to be reset.
Ok , that was funny, slasher! Thats the last thing i need. The other day combining , one of my combine drivers text me and said my s680 had a message pop up on the screen telling him the CB radio quit. I Almost lost the day combining trying to figure out that code!lol Dang those codes!

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
You guys are overthinking this, a simple shutoff BEFORE anything plugs eliminates shock load torque preserving components.
Seems simple to me.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know a guy that never climbs a bin.. just puts the auger spout all the way in, goes until it sheers the bolt, then lifts it up a foot, puts in a new bolt and cleans out. Must not be a meridian

·
Registered
978 Posts
You guys are overthinking this, a simple shutoff BEFORE anything plugs eliminates shock load torque preserving components.
Seems simple to me.
Not exactly when you go from twisting 14% wheat to twisting 22% wheat that like to turn to snow balls

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I know a guy that never climbs a bin.. just puts the auger spout all the way in, goes until it sheers the bolt, then lifts it up a foot, puts in a new bolt and cleans out. Must not be a meridian
**** my dad running your auger to?

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
Not exactly when you go from twisting 14% wheat to twisting 22% wheat that like to turn to snow balls
That is still not the same as the torque shock load of plugging, shear bolts or not.

Remember a 1385HP Brandt auger in super damp wheat into a hopper bin it could just barely reach, Deere 8310R tractor.
The 1000 pto gearbox double stock shear bolt stock Brandt setup.
Noticed the tractor was using 51 litres per hour at max steady level fuel use.
Hmm., think I’ll check the NTTL test.
51 litres per hour through an 8310R gets you a steady 240 pto hp.

I think those Brandts have a slightly larger diameter boot intake than the rest of the 13” auger?
Been awhile, that is fine and does increase capacity in dry grain but greatly increases power consumption in wet grain.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Just get a wheat hart. The ****ing thing sheers a pin when your moving it from one bin to another

Reactions: Slashnburn2
41 - 60 of 60 Posts