The Combine Forum banner

Meridian slmd10-72

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Newfarmsfarm 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a meridian 2020 10-72 slmd (I think) that seems to have a twist in it. It goes up and down good enuf but doesn’t sit flat in the saddle and looks worse when you stand it up. My dealer says he will get back to me on it and to use it but I’m not so sure. There’s only one adjustment that I can see and is supposed to be done before it was shipped. Anyone have a similar problem?

#3 ·
most likey from them towing it to fast down the road and hitting frost heavs or pot holes.
we bought a 12" a few years back we had to tighten the cables as soon as we got it the manufacturer said they should have a slight smile . and if they tow them to fast it usually stretchs the cables from when they pdi the auger at factory. (thats if they pdi it properly in the first place)

#6 ·
My WestField 13-94 does the same thing. its like what was said above , the swing away auger is causing it to twist in that direction. Have to make time to check if that twist can be counter balanced by adjustment. I did have to replace the track slider and pivot bracket on my auger because the bushing were worn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.