The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to add another hydraulic circuit to our MF 4880 utilizing the pto lube circuit. We run a seedmaster which has a hydraulic fan w a cooler on it, but need to run the system downpressure on a another circuit as well. We have a 4840 tractor also and it has ran this drill successfully with a flow control stealing oil off the pto circuit (that runs the system down pressure on the seedmaster) which we return through an aftermarket cooler with a termperature guage allowing us to keep an eye on things and flip the fan switch as required. If anyone has pictures of where they tied in to on their system that works best? ive seen some that utilize two flow controls, our 4840 only has one

For setting up our 4880 (it has a Cummins 855 Big Cam III) it would be great to source all we needed from one place that this isn't their first rodeo, but its not easy in the southern sask to find such a place! Any help is appreciated, lots of time with this rain delay!
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ran Great plains air drill on my 4840 for years. Mine has a 3 point so I diverted that oil to a set of electric controlled outlets and used that to raise and lower the drill. I had to add a relief valve also. I used the tractor hyd. to run the fan/downpressure/wing fold circuit thru a simple flow control and returned excess flow back to hyd. reservoir fill tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts