The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the screen cap from the parts book below. This is the pump that provides fluid for the hydrostatic transmission.

Motor vehicle Font Art Auto part Parallel

Part #13 is the red box above is roughly the size of a 12 oz soda can. It looks like there are 2 of them on the transmission. One was leaking so I removed it and replaced the O-rings. (Parts 14 + 21)

When I put the "can" back in I tightened it up all the way. Now the combine doesn't seem to have a neutral. It's trying to go either forward or backward.

Is there some way to determine how far the "can" should be screwed in? Would that give me a neutral again?

Motor vehicle Font Art Auto part Parallel

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping there was a starting point - Like 3 turns out of something along those lines.

The combine is shoehorned in my shop, as it's raining today. Gonna have to set it in there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In low gear in low range at idle the thing moves at about 1/10 of a MPH. So I hardly think having it blow through the side of the shed was likely.

I backed the can off until oil started dripping out. Then screwed it back in until it stopped. Tried shelling corn with it. The thing still wants to go backwards awfully badly.

No idea what to do with it next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts