The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
We had one of the first 8680's (not sure why he didn't just get a 90 straight away) which gave us a few head aches, but Agco and the dealers got it all sorted out. That got traded for a 8690 in, err, yer, probably 2012 and that has been good. The '90 has just been traded for an 8737 which is due to lan any time.

Loads of power, nice to drive, all ours does is hard work, obviously we don't mince around with duals, it just has a big set of Klebers on it and has no trouble at all getting it's power to the ground. Good tractors.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
We love our 8650! Great fuel economy and it pulls like crazy. Very comfortable, transmission is amazing. My kids have kind of taken it over and won't let me drive very often. Nice to see they are being made in North America too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have several MF 8600 series tractors. We have been pleased for the most part with them. We have had a few problems with them, but when you have 7 of them at one time you will have a few issues. They do everything from planting to cultivating to hard tillage work.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was just on a tour through there last year. Some of the parts might get shipped in, but they showed us their weld station with cabs being welded up from scratch.
I was in Beauvais last week, the cab must be the only thing the manufacture in Jackson. Why would they have 2 factories for the same product? It seems stupid to me eve having 2 assembly lines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Almost no plant makes a lot, assembly centers. Go to Peterbuilt plant, only fuel tanks are made in house.

Jackson does a lot of welding,of course engines and transmissions are shipped in, just like in France. Wheels and tires are shipped in too. Fuel tanks shiped in, made in USA though. It is nice that the North American tractors are made in USA though,at least the CVT tractors are.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It is nice that the North American tractors are made in USA though,at least the CVT tractors are.
I still don't and never will understand why you care where your tractors are built. The only advantage that I can see for you having these tractors built in Jackson rather than France is a shorter lead time due to a shorter journey from factory to farm. They basically have to have a duplicate assembly line and are unlikely to get the economies of scale because Beauvais is easily capable of supplying the NA market as well as the rest of the world, so why build a second plant when one as plenty of capacity?

The original 8680 we had with a very low serial number

The 8690 Agco gave us while the 8680 had SCR related software issues

The 8690 we just traded parked next to a demo 8737

The new 8737 last week

The two 7618's

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you think agco will ever design a tractor where you can swivle the seat and not hit the inner fender. Its the little things like that that are the difference between the other companies and agco. Everyone else seems to develop until the hit a home run agco hits a triple and pats themselves on the back when it could be stretched into a home run quite easily.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do you think agco will ever design a tractor where you can swivle the seat and not hit the inner fender. Its the little things like that that are the difference between the other companies and agco. Everyone else seems to develop until the hit a home run agco hits a triple and pats themselves on the back when it could be stretched into a home run quite easily.
I haven' driven any tractor where the movement of the seat isn't restricted by the inside of the cab. The issue is people wanting wide tyres and the ability to run on 60 inch track centres, there is only so much room between the wheels. Then people get fatter and need bigger seats.

The 400 series masseys were bad for the seat not turning, the 600's are fine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.