The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the rotor and have it on shop floor with gearbox on one end and grease free bearing on front so I can spin it. My gearbox wiggles as little while turning it and in the middle of rotor it is about 1/8" out of round.How true are the rotors when new?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm a little curious where are you measuring from?
Hard to measure the rotor skin directly with the rub bar mounts and rotor knife mounts in the way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a stand and slide a ruler about mid ways of the rotor I can get a measurement between each mount that is welded to the skin. The front and back are really close to being true. I was thinking the rotor was bent but if it was I would think the front bearing would also wiggle a little like the gearbox.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I made a stand and slide a ruler about mid ways of the rotor I can get a measurement between each mount that is welded to the skin. The front and back are really close to being true. I was thinking the rotor was bent but if it was I would think the front bearing would also wiggle a little like the gearbox.
Yes.
If rotor was bent there should be run out on both shaft ends you would think??

·
Registered
947 Posts
had my 9895's rotor rebalanced after installing a st johns installed from a wrecker 9895... it took a lot of time to get it balanced.. it was like a snake(according to the guy balancing it) he said he has saw much worse(right from the factory), as he said it is made with metal and nothing is exact...

he got it balanced fine it just took some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I starting to think its out of from factory it has a lot of balance bars on the low side. I wished gear box didn't wiggle looks like it would wear out the splines

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well I have to agree Agco quality leaves much to be desired, they did a crap job on the rotor in my machine.
Rub bars interfere with the rotor knife mounts and a 1/4 had to be shaved off the end of the bar to make them fit.
So much for balanced sets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts