The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some advice for settings for 9560 in canola windrows. Have been given some settings to start with but always interested in a second opinion. Have only harvested one hopper full but we have a little bit too much empty pod and a little too much shoe loss for my liking. Current settings are rotor 700 rpm, concave 30mm, fan 900rpm, choke 70%, cascade sieve 9mm, chaffer 17mm, sieve 6mm.

Also, what sort of capacity do you guys expect picking up 40ft windrows?

Is it still considered appropriate to do a kill stall in these machines to assist in diagnosis?

TIA

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Its worth a try, the crop is very dry as it has been swathed for 20days and has had 40-50mm of rain on it and that seems to make it more brittle. I think half the threshing is done before it reaches the rotor.

Still keen to hear from anybody else with experience running the 9560 in canola swaths.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ran mine in canola this fall and had trouble getting the sample as clean as I would have liked. Thinking back, I would slow the rotor down cause I think it may have been putting too much material through the concave. I also opened the concave to 1.5 inches. I also ran the fan at 1200. Choke did not seem to make a difference. In the end the sample was fairly clean, but could have been better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Full line in Saskatoon and some factory guys ran into some very dry canola swaths last fall 35' swaths yielding 35-40 could only do 2,5 mph before losses got high. they could not agree on best solution ended up covering up top of seperating grates both sides with swather canvas and speeding rotor up to 850 I think and were able to go 4-4.5 with same losses. going from memory from combine clinic this summer in swift current. I did get a paper with the settings but it is in the combine sitting in white flax field

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. We seem to have managed to set it to achieve satisfactory grain loss. It seems to us that the new feeder house/feed beater/rotor arrangement doesn't handle any more canola than our 9790? We were expecting to be able to handle more material without the banging and crashing and other uncomfortable noises

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.