The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many times it seems in here of people commenting how well the MF 9560 (Challenger 560c) handles canola. Well, that is not our experience so far unfortunately. We managed to set them for acceptable grain loss (main area was the shoe) but our biggest problem seems to be feeding the rotor. Anytime we hit a decent bit of crop (2t/ha, sorry, you'll have to convert to bushels) there is a lot of rumbling and grumbling and we have even blocked the feederhouse a handful of times. It seems at the moment these machines can't handle any more volume than the 9790's they replaced which is disappointing to say the least. We are only doing an average of 7-8km/h in a 40ft swath with an average yield of around 1.5t/ha.

What could possibly be wrong? It seems both machines are the same. Could it be the way the pickups are feeding it? They look to be feeding it fine, but we are a bit stumped. We were expecting a significant improvement with the changes that have been made to the beater and rotor inlet area.

Anybody have any ideas? We have tried all sorts of combinations of rotor speed and concave clearance, none of which seemed to make a substantial difference.

·
Registered
382 Posts
my fronts clutch out before feederhouse,yes thats my speed in 35/40 ft swaths going 2 to 3 ton 2t and under 8.8 ks stops me because of losses direct heading same.will have a chance to test mav suction in 10 days time

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will want to have a look at the stops on the feeder chain making sure they are set for grain and not corn. If it's a vari speed feeder house it could be set to run too slow or it could of been not serviced properly on pdi. Talk to your dealer on that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.