The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here is his post if someone is looking for it: 9500 series Field campaigns - not in Aus?.

The separator covers are interesting to me. We are building some for our MF 9895 since I think the grate holes are too big for dry canola. We are making both solid covers for top grates and slotted covers for bottom grates. Should match roughly the 9500 series setup. I can post some pictures if people are interested.

The air diverter is also interesting. We have some air-foil chaffers and I often think there is too much air on the bottom sieves when you have the top adjusted correctly. I've heard that Claas has diverters on their machines.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Update and my impression after 1 day in combine

unloader belt guard - this is to give more wrap to the driven belt, apparently there was a lot of belt breakage before. I can't tell any difference as I did not break a belt last year. The update just makes it harder to change that belt if you do have problems. Don't ask how I know.......:)

mav chopper tailboard mod - I got this explained yesterday to me and after following the directions of raising the tail board to the highest hole it made a great difference in the spread of the straw. Can now throw 35' no problem. Great update. Had to adjust the straw deflectors to get an even distribution of straw across the chopper. I did talk AGCO into 4 extra long fins and installed them last year just at the end of soybean harvest. That helped me get a wider spread and with this setup and with the new update it really spreads the straw.:):)

rotor discharge vane removal - don't know about this one but the update to the discharge plate from the rear of the rotor to the chopper was an improvement I had done last year and it helps.

new injection line for #5 cylinder and a clamp to secure it - had that done last fall one time when they were out on another call. Apparently that line was rubbing somewhere and this was the fix.

haven't heard anything about pulling rotor - This has to do with a mod to the front of the rotor. Not sure what it is and don't have any details yet but is going to be done if there is time between wheat and soybean harvest.

I insisted on putting a chaff spreader on my 9540 as I was not satisfied with the row of chaff right behind the machine last year. There is a mod added to mine that is a piece of rubber off the rear of the top sieve that closes the gap that was there between the sieve and the drop door on the chopper. That update I was not aware of when I got the chaff spreader but I think it would have helped some. This is the first machine I have has without a chaff spreader and wanted another one. I checked behind my spreader yesterday as there was no wind to speak of to distort the pattern and the chaff was spread over the 35' so am much more satisfied than without it.:):):):)

Your question on the air foil chaffer is interesting. I have had them in all the rotors I have had and do again in my 9540. I completely close the short front air blast and want all the air to come through the air foil. I an not sure yet that there is enough air to make it work properly. Seems better this year than last but I haven't done any dry wheat as yet to be real sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.