The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Re: MH2

I think you would be better off to find a low houred M2/3 or L2/3 with the sidehill blower option attached that is closer to you. Shipping will cost as much as the machine from that distance.

Of all of the pictures that I have seen of the MH2 I have only seen it with a grain head on it.

Jason

· Registered
407 Posts

No cornhead was ever offered or made to fit an "MH" series. If I remember right, the rigid grain header had it's own feeder beater as well as a second feeder beater on the throat of the combine. Just get an R50 or R52....when equipped correctly and adjusted properly, they work quite well on sidehills.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

currently have M2 with no blower....had L2 with blower still losing beans and corn on hillside from shoe and shaker pan gaskets. Still have to go slow and waste fuel....have considered trucking costs....would like to know a little more about the R series. What do i need to look for to make them work on the hills and how much ground speed do you lose on hills vs flat ground with them? also there are some MH's on tractorhouse....looks like machine has 2 feeder beaters and head drives on both sides of the feederhouse.

· Registered
407 Posts

There are things you can do to improve the performance of your L-2 without trading combines. First, if the shoe side seals are worn out, you should fix that....that's wear and tear. An easy way to improve sidehill performance is to remove the cover of the throat (after removing the cornhead) and turn four of the cylinder bars so when you look at them from the top they are an upside down "V" (the other four are already like this). This will improve your sidehill capacity noticeably and not cost anything but your time and maybe some bolts. There is a speed-up sprocket for the seperator raddle that helps with your sidehill problems too. Finally there used to be "leveling blades" that bolted to each side of the shoe above the chaffer that would keep pushing material away from the sides and towards the center. Don't know if there are still available or not, but they worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.