The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question about something I haven't done before. I have a jd 1895 disk drill but would apply to any drill with midrows. If I am using my midrow and putting on nh3. Can I also use the double shoot part of my drill and put on dry fertilizer in the midrow also at the same time? Or will the nh3 freeze up the flow of the dry fertilizer?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are fed through different tubes. Just have never done it and wasn't sure if I could. Actually had never even thought of doing it until now. Gonna be planting canola and need to get some ams down also.

·
Registered
370 Posts
if you experience any issues with freeze off you can run the nh3 hose further down in the shank adapter, by using the plastic hose it somewhat slows the transfer of heat/cold to the metal and thus is self insulating. i made hundreds of adapters and types of systems and found that where many shank adapters had metal all the way down by welding a couple of rings spaced apart and letting the plastic go all the way to the soil interface area and cutting the hose off at a steep angle worked very well with little or no issue of freeze off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.