The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all, I have the quadrasteer option on my Sp-240 F sprayer and I'm wondering if I'm the only one that kind of regret that option. I do a lot of N application in tall corn so I thougth it would be a good option but sometimes I think if I could just lock the back wheel for good and get the extra steering on the front a non quadrasteer machine as it would be just as good.

I find it's a nice feature but just get pissed off when display tells me my right wheel didn't lock into position and is crooked right in the middle of the corn rows... I do my wheel calibration often and make sure to steer my wheels at maximum at every headlands but it still happens once or twice a day. It wouldn't be as bad if I could just move one back wheel seperately from the other and lock it up but haven't find a way to do it. I tried to stop unlock wheels, turn my steering wheels at its very end on both side but wheel stays crooked. Also try to do the same thing with only my back wheel by putting the toggle switch in the middle but with no success again... Only way I found to not smash the corn till the head of the field is unlock wheels, drive slowly with steering engage and sprayer goes crooked in an angle without damaging too much. Then, at the end I usually do a full turn like as usuall and it comes back to normal...

I'm I the only one with this problem? or any trick to make it run better?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I see you have an underwhelming zero response to your question after 4 days and I'm reserving judgment until I gain more experience.
I THINK once I get it learned, what line to take on turns, don't over steer when using it, etc. I'll appreciate it.
You can sure turn at a high rate of speed on headlands, that I know.:)
It did act goofy one day, couldn't get the wheels to square up for a few seconds, don't know what caused it, don't know what fixed it.:confused:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for bringing my post back to life Don! I guess not many chose that option on their sprayer... here's a pic of what happens. Always the right wheel...
<
[/URL]

I found out that when it happens, I put it back to 4 wheel steer, push the hydro forward a tiny bit just the free the steering wheel and turn my wheel completely to the right and keep turning even though wheels reached max travel. after I back up a bit just to straighten my wheels. put toggle switch back to 2 wheels steer and it locks properly. At least this way I can drive till the end of the row without screwing up everything...

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Had a farmer in our area traded his in after a season because the auto steer could not control it at 25km/hour. Not sure if any other reasons maybe one those guys that wont persist to get things set up properly and sold it before taking the time to get it right.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had that problem last year and Miller put an update on my machine which included all new steer cylinders.No problems this year. Make sure NH has updates on.As long as your back wheels are close you will be fine on the cal numbers.On the NTB I find a sweeping turn and lock back in on last pass does the least amount of damage.I would not be without the AWS.I have been demoing a Viper 4 and it auto steers the 4365 way better than the Viper Pro.They still have some issues to work out but the Viper 4 will be a great option.
I have had 2 sensors on my back left wheel go.Be sure to put die electric grease on the connections when you have a few minutes. This helps.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Doug I'll check this out! I'm meeting Paul Raymer this week, looking to switch my Trimble setup over to Raven. And for my lack of understanding completely Shakespeare's language, What's a sweeping turn?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I used to come out and try to follow rows and turn in sharpe but found between looking for row you would run over a row for a bit.Now i Just take a long curved turn and the wheels follow just 1 track and do less damage. I just go out into the corn farther with a larger arc line up on row and straight in.. I am on 16 rows so with 24 it might not work with Y drop the same.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to my N-H service guy today, he told me miller doesn't want to change the cylinders on the N-H machines... Apparently N-H is fighting with them now because they want to have the new cylinders on the blue machines... I'll let them fight and see what happens I guess.

Do you run your machines on RTK Doug?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Everyone seems to like the front booms. Is the cylinders lifting/lowering boom connected to a accumulator for suspension? Checked out pics of the NH, seems nice. Don't you have trouble with the working of the herbicide in the wheel tracks, just driving over where you just sprayed? That is what I was always led to believe.

oops wrong topic, should have been at Don's sprayer review

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.