The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a few questions for miller nitro owners. How are they on fuel consumption. An how do you find front booms compared to back booms. What are the wheel motors like compared to others an does chemical drift more with front booms . Never seen one before just interested in all machines

Regards
Nimala

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
What model are u looking at?

I have a 2200ht.. side motor, very happy.

The 4000 series with a rear motor would be a completely different animal. I spray alot of liquid frtilizer and i haven't had much issue. The rims on the tires show rust, but th paint on the nitro itself is really good quality for it. Doesnt show alot of rust.

I have had to replace one wheel motor due to trying to do alot of custom work. Road running heats them up.

I started with a spraycoup 7650.. that machine would get 10-12 acres per gallon, the hagie would run 6-8 acres per gallon... the nitro is a little less then the hagie and the road speed is slower. 5 acres per gallon on worked ground. Nothing to really worry about.. if you want a hydro machine its going to take fuel.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The miller booms in 90 foot are more durable...

As long as ur hydroluc acculilators are not at full charge... it gives the cylinder alot of give, the hydrolics then act like a shock... saves alot on pounding.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm running a 5240 Nitro with the 275hp engine upgrade. I can spray about 550-600 acres before having to fill up, I don't really have a way to measure exact fuel usage but I would say between .2 and .25 gallon per acre.

I love the front booms, really like being able to carve around objects in the fields and see all the nozzles. I think the front wheels get more chemical on them than the rear wheels on a rear boom sprayer and the rears on the nitro probably have about the same as the rears on a rear boom sprayer. The machine itself seems to be just as clean as my Deere 4730 is. Of course all my crops are low so the booms are never spraying high.

I can't comment on the wheel motors as I only have a little over 100 hours on the Nitro so far. I've had a couple GPS/Monitor bugs but that was all Raven stuff and its been straightened out now.

Overall I really like the machine, only thing I would change would be to make the booms with a little more stability. The cab is SO much quieter that my 4730 its not even funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts