The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find out guys views on the Miller sprayair.Are they any good do they do a good job,are they prone to drift,do they hold resale
value etc, or is there better out there thankyou.

·
Registered
472 Posts
great for chem fallow. downright dangerous in crop - full rates would burn the crop, but at some point the cut chemical rates still didn't kill weeds. haven't heard of anyone around here running one for close to 5 years now so that pretty much sums up resale value.........

·
Registered
301 Posts
Exceptional for fungicide. Dont use for in crop weed control. Drift is completely uncontrollable. You might get away with it for awhile and think you know how to control it but you don't. You will get bit hard.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is an interesting comment. Tom Wolf (sprayers 101) has done extensive testing and found better control with fungicides sprayed with medium to coarse droplets.
The sprayair is a whole different beast. I believe the coarser droplets can be better for fungicide because they penetrate the canopy better. The sprayair penetrates the canopy by moving the plants around with the air blast. You can actually see the leaves moving around as you spray over them. That allows the smaller droplets to get in there and do their thing.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The sprayair is a whole different beast. I believe the coarser droplets can be better for fungicide because they penetrate the canopy better. The sprayair penetrates the canopy by moving the plants around with the air blast. You can actually see the leaves moving around as you spray over them. That allows the smaller droplets to get in there and do their thing.
Exactly why I like to spray in a 15-20KM wind (the best spraying conditions IMO). The weeds are dancing and twisting from the wind and the spray gets all sides of every weed regardless of weed density. I think I'm confusing the "sprayair" with the "compuerspray"

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
That't the one thing I liked about our Flexicoil sprayer we used to use with the wind curtains. The curtains would move the crop around and the spray could penetrate better, not to mention spray in windy conditions. Obviously doesn't apply for fungicides!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts