The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finished with milo '08 at about 2:15 am Saturday morning. The rain came in early this morning (Monday am), so I am sure glad we're done. I only had three fields of milo this year. The first made about 2,500 lbs/acre ; the second made 3,600 lbs./acre ; and the third made 4,875 lbs./acre (all dry land, of course). This is a good yield for us. The county average is about 1,800 lbs./acre. I wouldnt have given it much of a chance when we first planted it...but the late, beneficial rain came, and the rest is history. Hope the rest of you guys still harvesting get 'er out before the weather hits! God's speed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Milo 08

good yields tx! wished i could say the same for mine. we have been running just south of you in the vigo area for the past week or so.

·
Registered
189 Posts

That is some fantastic dryland milo!I've been through Claude and Washburn alot lately and there looks to be quite a bit of real good milo around there.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Glad you guys are getting good yields. Milo has been terrible in my area. It all came up too late, then it stayed too cool in the last part of August/first of September. East of us just 15-20 miles should have an excellent crop, but they got one or two extra rains that we didn't. I've got ten corners left, something like 80ac. It'll probably take until tomorrow morning to finish. I'll get some pics uploaded when I have more time.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were very fortunate on the yields in this area. I have a trucker buddy that says the yields are not all that good up north of here...but who knows..

What have you guys done as far as selling new crop? I went ahead and sold my new crop, across the scales. I may buy some puts or calls, but as crazy as the market is right now, as a whole, I may just leave it alone...

We've still got a whole lot of hay to bale..We are turning it over today, hoping to get back to baling soon. If it rains again, we will have gotten both sides [of the hay] wet! Fun-fun...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts