The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, we are doing the usual jumping from one field to the next sampling to find one that is dry enough (moisture) to cut. done so much of it, we had to pull into the "store" and quench our thirsts
ill post more pics soon--------when we get going good

this plane went down about two miles from my house this week---thought i would pitch this pic in as well. the pilot walked away luckily

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no beverages till the keys are off
. we finally got into some dry milo today so i got a chance to take a few more pics

this is what keeps me on the straight and narrow

jarrett waiting on josh to get full

fill'er up!

jarrett's getting the hang of running the buggy looks like

hurry!!! im full and waiting!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
combiness, you gotta stop everynow and then and wash the milo chaff from your throat ya know
this is white milo, that particular field was 11% moisture

·
Registered
521 Posts
BrewMax,
How does your S2 Outback work on your combine? Do you have the lightbar, only ; or do you have the gyro, too..that makes the combine steer itself?

I have a full-steer Outback system on two of my tractors, and really like it. I was considering buying the "kit" (hoses, wiring, etc) so I could move the system over to my combine...Just wondering how it worked for you..?? You think it really does add profeciency to your day?

Finally, do you have the Outback Baseline System? I was considering purchasing that, too, since I am going to be strip tilling. If you have any experience with the Baseline, I'm all ears!

Quote:That Sorghum Looks a little Green? It's ment to be Red isn't it?

BrickWalker: Milo comes in a variety of colors, respectfully. I am not sure, but I believe that BrewMax's milo is a cream-colored milo. This year, I have bronze and cream, and red milo. The red does "look" the most mature, even though it might have some green berries in it...it still may look mature from a distance.
*OOPPS* BrewMax beat me to the explanation of milo color!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:BrewMax,
How does your S2 Outback work on your combine? Do you have the lightbar, only ; or do you have the gyro, too..that makes the combine steer itself?

I have a full-steer Outback system on two of my tractors, and really like it. I was considering buying the "kit" (hoses, wiring, etc) so I could move the system over to my combine...Just wondering how it worked for you..?? You think it really does add profeciency to your day?

Finally, do you have the Outback Baseline System? I was considering purchasing that, too, since I am going to be strip tilling. If you have any experience with the Baseline, I'm all ears!

Quote:That Sorghum Looks a little Green? It's ment to be Red isn't it?

BrickWalker: Milo comes in a variety of colors, respectfully. I am not sure, but I believe that BrewMax's milo is a cream-colored milo. This year, I have bronze and cream, and red milo. The red does "look" the most mature, even though it might have some green berries in it...it still may look mature from a distance.

yes, i run the e-drive on the 9610 and on the sts i run the rtk deere system. i have the s and the s2 consoles both. the s and the s2 seem to be about the same---accuracy wise--- when on a tractor, but the s2 is for sure the way to go on a combine imho. i do not have the baseline because of having two of the deere rtk systems. i feel it ads more productivity to the operation especially in wheat when you can keep the header 99.9% full all the time. it works well in milo in rows also. no need for counting rows to lay off a land
i feel it also justifies the cost of the gps equipment as well when i can use it on all of my machinery. the deere rtk works well on the combine also, i just feel its a bit of an overkill to have sub-inch accuracy on a combine. but this system is used on a combine and two other tractors as well, so thats the reasoning for it being rtk on a combine.

you can put your outback e-drive in your combine for about $1000 since you already have the electronic components. ill try to take a pic tomarrow of the oil valve on the 9610 and post it.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote:combiness, you gotta stop everynow and then and wash the milo chaff from your throat ya know
this is white milo, that particular field was 11% moisture

Ahh, heck! Here I thought you were going to treat each of the two Maximizers to a case of Everclear.
wWell, you know in their case, it will be the diesel equivalent of "Gasohol."
LMAO!

Yes, I saw that was "white" milo. It's rather a misnomer, though, as a true white-seeded sorghum [*****] has very pale yellow, almost white seeds. I used to have some [genuine *****] in my seed collection until the mice found it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Quote:

Ahh, that would be right. I am used to Seeing the Banjo variety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts