The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking at shop vacs. I love my Milwaukee tools and have a ton of batteries, so I'm only looking at a Milwaukee shop vacs. I'm looking for a vac that I can use to clean out equipment/trucks/vehicles. There are 3 different M18 shop vacs. A handheld unit, a backpack FUEL unit, and 1 that looks like a toolbox. The 1 that looks like a toolbox and the handheld unit I can get for around $150cdn, and the backpack unit I can get for around $399cdn. From my experience going from a regular Milwaukee up to the FUEL version is usually worth the money. I was just curious if it is worth going up to the FUEL backpack unit for the extra money on a shop vac.. Anyone with experience with either of these 3? Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
We have the one that looks like the toolbox. It's a great little vacuum, lots of suction power. We vacuum grain and fertilizer with it. Will kill a battery rather quickly. But we really like it.

·
Premium Member
8,224 Posts
I also have the toolbox style one. I wouldn't really call it a replacement for a shop-vac, but for the money it's a good little vacuum. No experience with the others. You should buy one of each and do a review.😉

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I’ve got the toolbox one also, it’s wet/dry if that may be something you need. A 5a/hr battery lasts about 1/2hr on a full charge. Unlike the big shop vac, this little one gets used.

Ive got no experience with the other units either.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Toolbox one is pretty decent doing something remote. If it’s in the shop I’ll still grab the shop vac on wheels though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Have the handheld version. It’s very portable and comes with a short length of hose so you can use it like a regular vacuum too. Perfect for vehicles and cabs, great suction and good battery life too. Definitely a handy tool!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the replies! I'm going to buy the toolbox one next week and give it a go.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I use a dyson but when the wife isn't looking. Leaf blower with doors and window open I do lots. Gets rid of dust in all places. Combines get leaf blower daily in engine compartment and everywhere else. In extreme dust 2-3 times a day. Red clover is like a dust factory in spring and wicked flammable. I hope for a breeze in the right direction every time. I can't imagine using a Deere with the feeder house belching at the windshield all day. Not sure what mother Deere has going on but you can definitely see the difference. Peas last yr here the Mennonites had a fleet of deeres here of different styles and couldn't tell which direction they were travelling. I am sure without guidance they would be screwed at times. My Massey and Gleaner watched in my field of peas beside them. It was dusty for me as well but 95% comes out the back end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts