The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is somewhat of a slanted question, but are there any figures that anyone knows of that would state Model Popularity ( In General ) ? More of one model produced than another ? that sort of info....

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
In the 70's/80's it was MF with a big presence here.
It's scattered all over now, it seems one year company X will sell a bunch of new units, next year company Y.
Throw in some dealership loyalty (not necessarily the same thing as brand loyalty),
some personnel loyalty, I can't say any one has a commanding lead in the immediate area here now.
In other words a very healthy situation.

Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
John Deere 8000 series through 8020's are like lice in this flood irrigated sugar beet area especially from the ten series to current. JD 8310 8410 and so on.

·
Registered
886 Posts
In my Area we only have around 3 Headers that I know of..Wait make that 5.

Theres the 8820 of the Jones's.
The 7720 Of the Smiths
The Titan II of the Pettys.
And the 9600 and 9500 of the Fletchers.

So yeah, 5 Combines, All Deere's. And thats in our entire area, my area is mountainish Barley and Corn Country though, we have a fair bit of Dairy, and alot of cattle...and thats the story of my area..XD

·
Registered
486 Posts
Down through the eastern australian wheat belt i rarely see anything else than 50's and 60's series headers. Case has a fair few headers running and there is the odd new holland. Deere is definitly dominant down through the wheat belt.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thats because they are all either burning in chickpeas in central queensland or broken down near the border. my god they are shockers

·
Registered
886 Posts
lol I hate chickpea's, I havn't even harvested them yet, But when uncle darb said they tend to spontainiously combust I decided to steer clear of them, I'll run the chaser whenever I'm around and they're being harvested.

Never used one, Also There are a couple of New Holland CR's floating around near oakey, Dalby and Toowoomba in the Downs (I think Dalbys in the Downs)

Where are you chillin' at atm Rubberducky?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rubberduck:
If you go to the local John Deere dealer, Centracks, in Emerald say hi to Torben from me!!! Should be a few danes working there actually...

- Peter form Gørding

·
Registered
886 Posts
Emerald? Aww man Spewin' I left then. What crew are you with atm? And have you seen any of John Brennon's Case's while there?

He runs 2 2388's and a 2188 I think. he has 3 or 4 case's of around that model range. Also runs an old Inter S line for a semi.

He has 2 headers at Silverton at the moment.

One of his operators is named Jodie if that means anything to you. Jodie's a good bloke aswell.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah i know Torben really well actually. Good bloke, excellent mechanic, and he has helped me out a few times.

And what were the odds on that....
Cool...

I used to work with him in a workshop back in Denmark.

- Peter

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ive read somewhere, that if you take a point of origin in any random person on this planet, and draw lines from said person to everyone he knows, and then draw lines from everyone they know, and so on and so on, you would end up with 1/4 of the worlds total population on the tree!

The world really isnt that big is it

·
Registered
23 Posts
G,day rubberduck,
Must be fun doing that irrigated wheat, what's it yielding? Better than chasing crappy dryland tonnes.
Not a great deal of crop up this way, the big show is down a bit further south.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts