The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my second year running a AFS Universal Display Plus. Last year the corn was mostly dry through out the entire harvest season. This year there is a lot of variability in moisture.

I have input both dry and wet loads to set the calibration but the monitor is not doing well with accuracy on the high and low moisture readings. Any suggestions as to improving the full range of moisture readings?

My previous machine had an Ag Leader 2000 with very similar components and it was very accurate with yield and moisture. I would sure like to get this newer equipment to work as good as what I had.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you guys calibrate all crop types? I.E. You did not just calibrate for corn (or whatever) and running those numbers in beans?

99% of the time when you guys are harvesting, green, wet, crops (like you are both describing) you will get unusually high moisture readings due to build up on the moisture sensor. It is just a flaw in that system. clean the fin periodically and you should be fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
We found with ours, one of the plug connectors in behind the door where the cab filter is (and right below the cab filter) was a lot of the problem. Any tiny bit of moisture in there and the readings are all over the map. We keep a can of dust off in the buddy box to blow it out regularly when it is wet out or after we have washed the machine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:We found with ours, one of the plug connectors in behind the door where the cab filter is (and right below the cab filter) was a lot of the problem. Any tiny bit of moisture in there and the readings are all over the map. We keep a can of dust off in the buddy box to blow it out regularly when it is wet out or after we have washed the machine.

Which connector? The only reason I ask is because if that door is closed, there is very MINIMAL water allowed in. Have never had a moisture sensor go off because of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see a problem with erratic readings. I am just having problems with accuracy at the upper and lower ends.

I have had 13.5% to 21% corn through the combine this year. It seems to be good in the 14% to 16% range but when the corn is outside those ranges, the monitor doesn't seem to report the extremes very well. I have cal loads in but still no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts