The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are headed to Moline Thursday. Anybody know if the factory does tours on weekends? Im looking forward to seeing all the wet farming going on this week. Hopefully the weather wont be too harsh on this Texan. Any one have any do's or donts in the area let me know. Caleb

·
Registered
370 Posts
We checked into it and found they only do the harvestworks tour during the week.

If you don't have a hotel, we really liked the Comfort Inn in East Moline.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We stayed at the Hotel right across the street from the Steak House and the Pavillion. The name escapes me but it was very nice and close to everything. I highly recommend the Collectors Center if your into old John Deere's (Two Cylinders). Have fun on your trip

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow! I hadn't heard about that Mike. We were there probably about 6 yrs ago. That's too bad. I really enjoyed the Collectors Center.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,
yea we are staying one night at the radisson and then the weekend at a marriot closer to the airport. I forgot to say why I was headed up there but Im interviewing for a Deere internship next summer. Hope it works out because Id like to know if Deere is as great a company as it looks. I was able to get a tour of the combine plant scheduled and will hit the pavillion and all that on saturday. I read good and bad things about Johnnys but Im sure we'll scope it out. Looking forward to eating at the machine shed though, Ive heard about them for a long time. Anybody in the area harvesting? Hoping to see some harvest action while we're there. I'm trying to bring the sunshine from TX with me but I American charges for bags and it wont fit in a small one! Maybe the weather will clear up before I get there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Should be some harvesting in the area. We are 1 hr. south of Moline and had rain early this week. Hoping to be back in the field tomorrow (Friday).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts