The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These trailers are supposedly made in Perdue SK, does anyone have any experience or dealing with this company? Sounds like they do not have a dealer network, sell direct from factory.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Been to the factory. Dad bought a 24' with the fold out ramp. When you phone there you get the owner and deal with him. Think they're big in boat trailers too. Trailer we got is alright for the price. Frames are double 3" pipe truss. Triple axle singles claimed to handle 24000 lbs. The fold out ramp is the best feature. Works good and when folded up over the beavertail give another 4' of deck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They used to be a company called ramp master out of Saskatoon. I have one of their sled trailers, it's built pretty tough kinda rough around the edges but gets the job done. They do use cheap Chinese axles tho.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They used to be a company called ramp master out of Saskatoon. I have one of their sled trailers, it's built pretty tough kinda rough around the edges but gets the job done. They do use cheap Chinese axles tho.
Think you're being nice with the rough around the edges statement. Buddy brought a brand new ramp master snowmobile trailer home a few years back. He was so proud of his purchase till we looked underneath. Looked like a high school welding class project. Mainframe made with drill stem pipe and wiring that quit working after a 200 km drive home. Hopefully there build quality changed along with the name.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A neighbor bought one of there fithwheel trailers to haul his water tanks for spraying the trailer did not meet DOT rules off the lot!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My nephew is looking at a 20' car hauler with 8000lb axles, price is good but if quality is sketchy it might be a no go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't buy another one, but it's been all over sask and some of Alberta. I've never had wiring issues, but when the wheel bearings finally went I could get new ones to fit I had to buy a new axle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can personally vouch that this is the best place to purchase a new trailer.to factory direct to customer price is well below what retailers charge for a similar trailer. Why wouldn’t you want to eliminate the middle man margin.30 year history of manufacturing top notch trailers in Saskatchewan gives the the tremendous advantage of offering more for less. Several patents on unique trailers indicate there leading edge design, and there supporting engineering and technology and there craftsmanship is unsurpassed. My highest recommendation. You will be glad you bought one their trailers..

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Let me guess, you are in no way connected to this company, just a really satisfied customer that has done a lot of research into them and know all their credentials?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I worked for them 11 years ago.I know their dedication to building the best trailers possible.I know several of their customers who are 100% happy with their trailers, and not hesitate to buy another one. In fact I do know some subsequently bought a second one...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Sasksodbuster, yes we manufacture the trailers in our plant near Perdue, SK. Since there is no retailer or middleman, we are able to provide you with the best priced and highest quality trailer money can find. There are several negative comments about our trailers on this forum, and unfortunately anybody can post on these message boards, including competitors. If you are at all interested or curious about our products, I would encourage you to contact us directly at 1-306-237-4748 and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Think you're being nice with the rough around the edges statement. Buddy brought a brand new ramp master snowmobile trailer home a few years back. He was so proud of his purchase till we looked underneath. Looked like a high school welding class project. Mainframe made with drill stem pipe and wiring that quit working after a 200 km drive home. Hopefully there build quality changed along with the name.
Hello dwh. We pride ourselves with producing a high quality overbuilt trailer at a very affordable price. If you or anyone you know has had problems with your trailer, please contact us directly at 1-306-237-4748 and we’ll do our best to rectify the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A neighbor bought one of there fithwheel trailers to haul his water tanks for spraying the trailer did not meet DOT rules off the lot!
Hello YHMARL: All of trailer designs have DOT certification. If you or your neighbor has any questions or concerns, please contact us directly at 1-306-237-4748. We’d be happy to talk trailers with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't buy another one, but it's been all over sask and some of Alberta. I've never had wiring issues, but when the wheel bearings finally went I could get new ones to fit I had to buy a new axle.
Hello billybigrigs: We pride ourselves with producing a high quality overbuilt trailer at a very affordable price. If you have trouble finding replacement parts for the trailer, we would encourage you to contact us directly at 1-306-237-4748. We’d be happy to find the parts you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I've seen and heard their quality control isn't there at all anymore.
Hello: We’d be curious to know where you heard about our lack of quality control. We pride ourselves with producing a high quality overbuilt trailer at a very affordable price. If you’d like to learn more about our trailers, call us directly at 1-306-237-4748. We’d be happy to talk trailers with you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
perdu trailers

These trailers are supposedly made in Perdue SK, does anyone have any experience or dealing with this company? Sounds like they do not have a dealer network, sell direct from factory.
I just bought a trailer on Tuesday august 27 2119 .After taking it home found I was unable to park it in my yard as it was so long. Called old Vern back and asked about his return policy he said he didn't have one and said this never happened before.He said call back Friday as he would have to ask the power of B in Toronto and see what they say. I called Friday and Vern said they would not take it back.Looking back on this i probably should of known to just stop payment on the check and returned it but I don't work that way.I think he was waiting for the check to clear.The powers of B were the bank in Toronto. The trailer pulled nice empty and the price was good.The add makes it seem like it is this big manufacture but when I went their I only seen him and two other employees a man and a women welders by the look of it.This business has no standing with BBB or any Saskatchewan licencing agency for that matter no one polices es this business as there is no business registered and I called everyone. The shop is on a farm land and is just a small operation. Buyer beware. I usually do better research usually.

Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a trailer on Tuesday august 27 2119 .After taking it home found I was unable to park it in my yard as it was so long. Called old Vern back and asked about his return policy he said he didn't have one and said this never happened before.He said call back Friday as he would have to ask the power of B in Toronto and see what they say. I called Friday and Vern said they would not take it back.Looking back on this i probably should of known to just stop payment on the check and returned it but I don't work that way.I think he was waiting for the check to clear.The powers of B were the bank in Toronto. The trailer pulled nice empty and the price was good.The add makes it seem like it is this big manufacture but when I went their I only seen him and two other employees a man and a women welders by the look of it.This business has no standing with BBB or any Saskatchewan licencing agency for that matter no one polices es this business as there is no business registered and I called everyone. The shop is on a farm land and is just a small operation. Buyer beware. I usually do better research usually.

Thanks Tim!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts