The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought a 02 2388 and it had the smaller 5 inch monitor. I was wondering if readability and usage were issues while moving in the feild. We figured on trying it this season to see if it will work or if we need to upgrade to the 10 inch monitor. What is your opinion between the 2 monitor sizes? How do they work for you?

-BigRed

·
Registered
193 Posts
My customers were never very happy with the small screen. Too much info in a small area and difficult to navigate when moving. Also, for those who have less than perfect eyesight, the small screen can be hard to read. You will be much happier with the larger screen.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Go to the big one

They are not updateing the smaller one anymore and as you might have been told they don't sell them anymore either

hard to see and overall it was just a waist of time and money

·
Registered
29 Posts
bigger moniter maybe okay as on our 8010 however the contrast is still very poor.
they definitely need a quality lift in their monitors.hear there could be color next year?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yep

Color monitors for next year

I agree sometimes you have to adjust and with age they get kinda hard to see

im very happy about the color monitors

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
ops...my bad

06 will have them

(is what ive been told by a few pep's)

Also the guy above said

John deere will have a color touch screen

therefore how is it sooner?

if i bought a crapy greene combine this past year would i have gotten a color monitor ?

also there is nothing wrong (for the most part) with whats there now

and from the way our neighbor talks ours is alot easier to use and more percise

Just from what weve talked

(dont jump me on that part lol)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Also im not sure if it will be the agleader insight

or that monitor with a case emblem and there software

either way i just hope it works as good as the last couple versions of the gray scale monitors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. We originally bought the combine with the smaller monitor and it was delivered without a monitor. We got a monitor one the day after we started to harvest due to the dealer not being able to get the 5 inch monitor so we ended up with the 10 in anyways so....thanks

-Big Red

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was in an early model 2006 8010 machine. This combine did not have a color monitor in it. The monitor did have alot more options as far setup though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ya, I'm 105 years young and as you can see I'm new here, came over from Gordo's combine talk. I like his site but it's the same old....same old over there.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Congratulations!
I'm very sure you will like it over here a lot. Already, I can see us becoming more interactive with each other and we're out to keep this forum very friendly and family-oriented.

As an agricultural historian, myself, I am most inerested in hearing as many of your stories as you feel like posting or even PM'ing me about.

Yes, I thought that age number was a boo-boo. My mistake. It's really quite an honor to meet someone who has been so blessed as to walk this earth for 105 years! May the Lord continue to richly bless you!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually when I filled out the profile and it asked for a birthday I selected the oldest possible date that it would allow. I must have clicked on some button for it to appear in my profile.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It was sitting in dealers lot. The screen was the same as in the 2004-2005 8010 combines. From what I remember the touch screen controlled the engine hp. and there were 5 or 6 "harvest screens" that you could setup.
I personally hate the placement of the screen. If you want to see the affect of the screen.....take a laptop computer and put in on the right side of your dashboard and drive around at night but I guess they gotta put it someplace.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I kinda like where they are in the 2388's

but ive not played with an 8010 yet

Also to the guy about software

The software in the cab was on a 05 combine

it had the bar on the top of the screen in this version
but i sure can't remember the numbers

and then the newest case ih desktop software
that came with it

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
good question....i think because of the weight of the monitor and i doubt it would hold up good over time

now on a 8010 it might be more possible if they went to a monitor like your computer would be on perhaps

but even then over time i doubt it would work well

thats just going on what designs ive seen for mounting screens and pda's ect ect......

alot of those don't work well in farming conditions lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts