The Combine Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, there are issues with the readability of the 8010 monitor in some conditions. A lot has to with the reflection of the operator's clothing and the light coming in through the grain tank or being reflected off the tank window.

Because the screen is a touch screen, and there is a lot of interaction between the operator and the screen, it has to be within easy reach when operating the combine. I would expect the new color monitor to be much better in the visability department. The 8010 is still way out in front of the competition in the electronics dept. The user switchable (from the display) engine power curve on the 06 models should be great.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I hope your right

I know that you cannot take an 8010 and a 2388 and download the data to a desktop and matchup the data

like we do with 2 2388's

which i feel is dumb......but thats the way the software works

hopefully they stop that cause theres a strong chance we might be in that situation sometime soon

Thanks for your post's

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Just what i was told by my AFS guy

He claimed if we had a 8010 and 2388 in the same field

and wanted to download and put togeather the data

it wouldn't work

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was told the same thing, you will not be able to make one map from the two different combines, if fact I was told that when running 2 8010's in the same field they either had to be the same model year or running the same combine software to map the fields together.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Im good with computers yet not a geek......nor a software design guy

So im sorry but thats dumb as [email protected]$ that they couldn't combine data from a 2388 and 8010

Also two 8010's unless there the same year software

(i guess that wouldn't be that big of deal since the software would be easy to update but still silly)

I just hope this next year a color mointor's data will coinside with a grayscale monitor's data

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If you cannot mesh the data from two different versions of the code, then somebody needs to rethink their code writing skills. The schema of this data isn't that complex.

I think we need an industry standard format for the yield maps. This would enable you to mesh data from case, deere, agco, etc.

-Lance

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
if your talking about an 8010 in a field and a 2388 in the same field then you need to alert someone at afs

cause there going around telling all of there service guys and customers in ILLinois that you can't

thanks for looking into it

im concerned about it cause we might be in that situation sometime soon

i hope

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Well i guess i could

i would think our regional AFS Rep would know the facts

But thats just me

im not too worried about it by the time we decide to go that path (if we do) it should all work just fine i bet

21 - 29 of 29 Posts