The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time to update my happenings still dry with no rain but some on the way soon hopefully this weekend.

still going olong nicely with the fertilizer now covered just over 3200 acres the past 13 days.

some more shots from my travells in our hills and flat country. was hoping for a clear day to show you all the view some 200km to our east but wasnt to be with a haze all day!.

well enough dribble here are some more pictures.

first one looking over some freshly worked hills

and here we have a family of kangaroos i disturbed must have been the airseeder fan screaming that scared them was five in this bunch

first lap around the creek wakes you up first thing in the morning.

one of many 'reef rocks' we have around the farm.

this one decided to anchor its self under the cultivator 5 or so years ago made a mess and a big hole in the hill! needed a tractor to push it off...bit reflecty..sorry

view across our farm and of gulf St Vincent nice morning to go fishing.....i wish!

another shot of the end of the sea

Ahh thats better something a bit flatter and not so rough.

Our little 'hill' nothing like 98js Mt Hood but it will do!

My dusty rig during a 'wee' break need some rain to make her all green again!

Last one today. My dust this evening was floating about 6' off the ground must have been due to the clam conditions. Picture doesnt show how nice it really looked

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
886 Posts
Re: More fertiliser pics and aussie hills April '0

Haha, thats awsome stuff. I like the Airseeders that trail behind the planter though, I've never used one thats between the tractor and planter, but it just looks like it'd be easier with the plough in the middle.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A tow behind would pull the rig further down the hill,putting the rows too far out?, hence we have a tow between. I agree seeing the plough is good but its not needed i can see all I want!
aussiefarmer

PS looks like a good drop of rain heading our way starting tomorrow night! much needed

·
Registered
886 Posts

Because?

Don

Because I'd think its easier to judge when to sink the planter in when the airseeders out the way. But I've never used one that has the Seeder in the middle so its just theory

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hi Aussiefarmer
I just stumbled upon this website tonight, I like to look at farming pictures and stuff. I am an ex cockie now working for CBH over in the west. I had the opotunity to help a mate put his crop in this year. A bit dry here too some areas are ok though

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hey Aussie I just worked out how to get photos up , here are some of the rig I was using this year here in the west

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the pictures sunshine! Looks like quite an impressive air cart.
Could use a few more feet in width on the bar though seems a little small for the size of the large cart.... or is the a reason for the smaller bar?
I've seen these pictures somewhere? not sure where though?
aussiefarmer

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts

Sunshine
What do those 4 shuttles carry on the side of the cart?
Thank you.

Don

·
Registered
16 Posts

HI Aussie & Don
Aussie I posted these on farmphoto so you could have seen them on there, the bar is 40ft the cart has 4 compartments so it is quite big. The tractor is a 9620 520 HP and last year pulled a 60ft bar but this year they went into liquid fertilizer application and reduced size to 40ft to link up with a new header with a 40ft front for the tramline side of things.

Don the bar has a boomspray on the front of it the shuttles as you say are enviro drums and the first 3 are pre emergence chemical for control of ryegrass direct injected into the water stream via a dosatron, so mixing on the run and the 4th is a fungacide for the grain and is direct injected into liquid nitrogen fertilizer which goes direct with the seed.

Hope that explains things for you both

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: More fertilizer pics and aussie hills April '0

Christianh the seeding rig is a DBS made locally in Western Australia by Ausplow have a look at their web site
http://www.ausplow.com.au

Don the knock down is sprayed earlier so it is just a pre emergence spray which gets incorporated into the soil during the pass. When seeding wheat we could do 28 HA or 70 acres before refilling and only seed and fertilizer the liquids were lasting for every second fill

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts

Thanks Sunshine.
Sure makes seeding busy but eliminates one pass, good deal.
That's not round-up I assume as that would be neutralized by dust?

Don

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for all your info! I can see now why you have the smaller bar.

Things are starting to look a little more like winter here at last! Had a good drop of rain in the past week about 1" total for the week

should get some more crop pictures later this week as our peas are flowering and looking good

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
16 Posts

Sounds good Aussie, we had reasonable falls into agricultural areas here today so we should end up with a decent crop in most parts now. Which part of SA are you at?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts