The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is now an edible bean pulley for the impeller to speed it up. At slow cylinder speeds for seed and edible beans or fragile crops, the impeller is turning too slow. This magnifies the impeller issues. Part number pulley -cl99912018 belt - 6736141 This may also help at higher speeds also?

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
There is now an edible bean pulley for the impeller to speed it up. At slow cylinder speeds for seed and edible beans or fragile crops, the impeller is turning too slow. This magnifies the impeller issues. Part number pulley -cl99912018 belt - 6736141 This may also help at higher speeds also?
What % change?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one could answer that. You can help me figure it when I receive the pulley. My beans are ten days away if the sun would shine.

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
Tigercat...this sounds intriguing. Why not just run the rotors faster?
Wouldn't make any difference, no pinch point between the rotors and impeller.
The APS, cylinder and impeller run at a progressively faster tip speeds.
The impeller normally plugs between itself and the cylinder which I gather increasing the tip speed would prevent.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don, Touched the pulley,its 7 inch vrs the stock 10 inch. I believe ziegler or butler can get it. Don't ask about the cost! Goodluck! Tiger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, 42% faster!:eek:

Thanks Tiger.

Interesting... Short crop like beans might increase the amount of material being bunched up, causing the opposite effect, back feeding. I always thought the impeller was plugging there because of material failing to feed into to rotor and around in goes. Let us know how it works.

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
I wonder if belt traction may be an issue with reduced contact area?
On the other hand it's taking less per turn.
Hmm.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
So now the rotors have to run 10%+42% faster than the cylinder....err, something like that:)
No, that shouldn't matter.
The rotors are handling the same material as before albeit it may be slightly more chewed up.
If you happen to bale straw I don't think this kit would be your friend.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I think the whole concept of +10% is wrong. What happened to independant threshing and seperating? They are all taking the same amount of material regardless of each speed setting. The only factor that should effect the plugging is how far the hydro handle is pushed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, that shouldn't matter.
The rotors are handling the same material as before albeit it may be slightly more chewed up.
If you happen to bale straw I don't think this kit would be your friend.
Sorry, have to disagree with you Don, think of the crop material as a bed sheet moving threw, as you rip it up it gets bigger by volume therefore to move the same sq ft of bed sheet each moving part needs to be faster than the first. Speed one up significant, at not the rotating parts down stream, will cause a bottleneck and plug. The problem is at the changing of movement ie conventional to axial (impeller to rotor), how ever rpm is not the best measurement for this change of flow. We need to know what the surface speed of the impeller is to the pitch of those rotors (how many revolutions to move for intake to discharge. Then we can talk about the amount of % increase in rotor rpm.

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Seedcleaner as far as rotor speed I generally run my rotors as fast as I can. The slowest I have been running in brittle canola is 820 and am typically over 900. I think we can run them a lot faster and not get any damage to the seed or generate more shoe load.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts