The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to everyones thoughts on turning up my 4450 Deere a bit to pull my 16' moco? Motor had maybe 400hrs on it, trans is strong, only 4500 original hours on tractor. If it'd be OK how do I go about doing it? Need 20hp more than I have or so.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to not have to pull it. Just had it rebuilt two years ago and would like to turn it up myself.

Diesel pump shop should be able to bump pump 10 percent, Scott.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If its like a 4440 take the four screws out of the cover on the back of the pump loosen lock nut and give the screw a bit of a turn. I don't remember which way I turned mine. One way is harder than the other turn it the hard way. Go half turn at a time. Gave mine one turn it puts out 175hp on pto on dyno. Have close to 10,000hrs on it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes remove 4 bolts on back of pump with 10 mm wrench there's a flat head screw with a lock nut. Loosen nut and turn in (clockwise) . Give it a turn or two. I turn mine 6 turns every summer for tractor pulling and run a bigger turbo all year. Probably 4 or 5 thousand hrs running lagoon pump wide open.

I'm pretty sure all the data I've given you is correct

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You ever pull a 16' rotory moco?? Our 4630 will kinda run it but our 4450's won't. It really needs a 4850 on it but I'm not buying a bigger tractor this year.

I'm wondering why the 4450 doesn't have enough power to run the moco? Should run it fine at stock hp.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the info lester!! I'm going to give it a try. What turbo do you run?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I also had been assuming you had meant sickle style when you called it a moco, I would have called a rotary a discbine...

but anyways, we used to pull a 16' JD dsicbine with our 4640 and it would have to slow down if the alfalfa got too heavy. We also have a 4450 and wouldn't really have considered it to be enough tractor for that job

·
Registered
149 Posts
I run a 3lm-466 on a 40 or I think a 50 series it's not a easy swap. Had to make some custom parts. 55 series I believe it would bolt right up. Had to use a 55 series exhaust manifold plus other parts. There are better and easier replacements for the stock turbo but I don't know what they are.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You ever pull a 16' rotory moco?? Our 4630 will kinda run it but our 4450's won't. It really needs a 4850 on it but I'm not buying a bigger tractor this year.
A contractor dad used to use had a Ford 8340 on the mower in front of a Claas self propelled. 10 feet of trailer mower conditioner on the back and 9 feet on the front. Your 4450 wants weighing in if it can't drive a 16 foot mower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.