The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
There has been tons of 9770s running up and down the custom harvest trail working in those crops. There should be enough of them sitting on lots all over that can be bought for reasonable money and go through them with a fine tooth comb this winter and make sure the machine is ready and you know it from top to bottom. Another thing to keep in mind is unless something drastic happens in crop prices this winter farmers will be loosing money on these crops and will expect lower priced cutting.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
9770's are good combines, but the productivity is average. Customers on the run are going to want newest models. We have a 2010 in the shed, along with a couple other sts's. The machine had several blurps this fall with emission bs.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,943 Posts
Effecient is not a word you should be useing if your contract harvesting, unless you supply your own fuel, which you wouldnt. I guess you mean reliable, versatile, and most effecient for tonnes of grain produced Vs fuel use?

That would be 96/9760 and later 96/9770. Great all round machines that produce reasonable production units for litres burnt. If thats what your asking??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with the 9770 and also understand that the farmers usually want the biggest and newest from harvesters. I feel I can give a better price for harvesting by going with an older machine. Is the 9770 complicated when switching from wheat to beans?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
im partial to the trusty 9600's cheap and don't break down. Had heard of a custom guy that has a 8820 9600 and a later model that I don't remember. said he makes more per hour running the 8820, with performance parts in it though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.