The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at building a new large bin (30000k) and interested in putting some cables in it. Just wondering what everyone thinks of cables, mst and temp and how well they work? Can you get combo cables? Worth the money? Which monitoring system is everyone using? Anyone using the fancy(expensive) automated system where you set your target met/temp and let it do its thing? Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
We installed moisture and temp. cables and would not go with out them. On a bin that size you would want at least 4 temp cables and 2 moisture cables should be enough. We are using stormax cables and are happy with them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
prices of mois/temp cables?

Have temp ones, but looking at putting moist/temp cables in a few. these are only 19' diameter, 24' high type bins so only need one. Number getting so far is $900/cable. Than, of course there the plug in monitor that believe bit over $2000(remote monitoring system quite a bit more). Anybody have something different?

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my opinion temp is the biggest thing. We caught a potential loss of canola based on temp alone, we only have one bin set up on moisture. If interested, get a hold of me and I'll challenge the price, that seems real high but don't have my pricing sheet handy at the moment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 25000 bus bin that started out with the 4 temp cables but added a burner to the fan this fall so replaced two of the temp cables with the temp and moisture reading cables to gauge how grain was drying. Combo cables were 1000 each and I think they said just temp cables 300 each at wall grain winnipeg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.