The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with the park brake. When driving the tractor, it will randomly pop out of gear and the park brake light will come on as well as the 4WD light. I can stop, put the park brake lever on, on the left hand reverser and sometimes it will come off and sometimes it won't and I have to override the park brake with the OK button on the dash. The brakes on the tractor seem squashy to me. It doesn't throw any codes either. Could anyone help me out on this issue before I call the dealer for the third time?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday, couldn't drive it 50 feet without it popping out of gear and the park brake light coming on. The park brake doesn't actually engage when this happens. No codes show up or anything. Then today, it wouldn't do it at all, drove it all over the place trying to get it to act up but it wouldn't. Really frustrating.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
This is a long shot, but with squashy brakes, do you think it is oil related. Could the oil be getting hot and foamy from something (internal leak), then when it sits overnight it settles down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it could be oil related, like the brakes need to be bled or something but the tech didn't agree. They pump up actually like they need to be bled but who knows. Left it outside last weekend and it got rain d on and now it hasn't acted up since (knock on wood). So I am puzzled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts