The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not from AB but this is my third year with muchmore and yields have been 70bu 74bu and 60 this year. I like it because its short straw and stands well.
We a couple hours Further south or SE CORNER SASK, and Muchmore has impressed our farm and various pals in yield/protein and harvest ability w shorter stature, clean Claas sample (easy thrashing)...seems to meet or exceed durum yields which is startling for me....if other wheat is better I would like to hear more about it too

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Seeded beside go. The muchmore yielded 8 bus less and was at least 6 days later. Neighbor had similar results last year. Will try a little muchmore again, but doubt it is going to make it on my farm.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I grow Stettler Muchmore and Go here in Central Alberta. Stettler out yields the Muchmore but it stands like a drunk pirate with two peg legs on a sheet of ice. Be prepared for it to be lodged. Muchmore and Go stand way nicer but didn't yield like the Stettler. Still trying to decide what to grow next year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone tried any of these varieties on irrigation with a heavy fertilizer package? I have tried superb, go, kane, and now abound in the last few years and haven't been particularly happy with any of them. I am intending to try some carburry in 2015. Of those varieties kane and go have been my best.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
I grew some Stettler last year in a field that also had Lillian and Vida.
Lillian 34bu 14.5pro
Stettler 37bu 13.5pro
Vida 40bu 13pro

The Vida was doing 45bu until I started cutting in an area full of washes. That was a fair sized chunk of the Vida. Funny part is the Vida always looked like the worst stand.
Lillian thrashed very hard. I have never gotten it to clean up really well in the tank. Stettler thrashed great with an excellent sample. Vida thrashed the best of all. Not sure what I will use for the majority of seed next year. Wished I would have fertilized for a 45bu crop to see what pro would have done. Fertilized for a 30bu crop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.