The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their mustard injured by authority? How do you identify that problem? Where I missed with my pre burn the mustard seems to be a couple stages ahead, the authority rep says it’s not caused by their chemical but I have trust issues.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ive seen it with flax lots, as the residual is still sitting on the surface with out a rain to push the active through the soil profile. Flax starts growing or it rains when the crop is coming up and the crop has to grow thro the effected soil profile uptaking the sulfentrazone. Always is a delay in growing for a week or so while the plant metabolizes the chemical in my experiences.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This spring we put out Authority on three fields of yellow mustard. One field we went really early and made a mess of ruts. The other two fields we waited for the ground to firm up. About a week later we went out with the Authority. The field we made a mess on looks amazing. The other two that we waited on look awful. The timing of application is the only difference in anything we did. All three fields got the same rain event later on. To this day FMC hasn't been out to look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This spring we put out Authority on three fields of yellow mustard. One field we went really early and made a mess of ruts. The other two fields we waited for the ground to firm up. About a week later we went out with the Authority. The field we made a mess on looks amazing. The other two that we waited on look awful. The timing of application is the only difference in anything we did. All three fields got the same rain event later on. To this day FMC hasn't been out to look.
Yeah my mustard was seeded about the 15 and the authority was about a week and a decent rain before that. The rep came out and said it was definitely not authority damage but I see where I missed up against the ditch and that mustard is way ahead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts