The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying a 2002 MX240 with 5500 hours, are there things i should be looking at in terms of wearing items? weak spots?

I'm fairly familiar with case tractors but am new to the MX seriesof tractors....

anything productive you can offer will be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have heard the 240s are tuff to work on from my local shop. I have a 270 and a 285 I really like operating them and they seem to be good tractors for what we use them for. With that being said I am in the process right now of fixing the Caps (injector) pump on my 285 they are very pricey and I have heard since starting this project that it is a common problem on these tractors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have an MX285,05 model with around 6500 hours.4500 hours heavy work, last 2000 spraying. First tractor we bought with front suspension, has been good
Been a reliable tractor so far, only replaced torque limiter plate and unis between engine and transmission. CAPS pump OK so far touch wood, but we filter fuel @ bowser to fuel trailer and again into tractor tank

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine lost power when under a load.
when it lost power under load did it fade in and out or just lose power and stay gutless? mine is pretty gutless approx. half the time burning between 7 and 8 GPH, the other half of the time it will pull like a freight train on a forage harvester, burning 10 - 12 GPH......

No fault codes during the 15 hrs or so that we've put on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.