The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its a stock photo but identical to a truck I have parked and have plans to fix up. It's the truck I hauled my first load to the local UGG elevator, (long gone of course). 1959, same as me.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Very nice! A great song that no doubt almost everyone on here can relate to. Good job!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Is that you singing? If so, you have a great voice. Good job!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Great job wetfarmer! It takes a lot of guts to share something you wrote and I am glad you did. I wish I had a 1/100 of your musical ability. Also helps that the song is about using a chevy, no one sings about fords.?

·
Registered
491 Posts
That was really terrific. I've spent my life playing guitar and have played in lots of local bands. I've heard it all. You've got a very good voice and I enjoyed the song very much.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. It's a great hobby for a farmer. Takes the edge off when things go for a $#!7 . I will post some others if I can remember how I did it. I'd way rather write songs than try to figure out how to do anything on a computer.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Great song man. I am envious at your talent. We all need something as a stress reliever, and I have to rely on fishing lol because my musical ability ends at remembering every word to every song from 1980 to present that had a beat. When hauling grain and a song comes on my dog looks at me and says just keep fishing because you suck at singing.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every Dog has his day. Dylan can't sing either. Not a bad writer though. And I wish I could remember lyrics. I can usually come up with the chords and just guess at the lyrics to most of the hits. I can remember the chorus and maybe the first line and that's about it for most songs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's awesome, dude. You've definitely got talent. I grew up with this music genre, and it's reminding me of my father. He was playing at his old school guitar in the evenings, and we were chilling around and admiring him with the whole family. I also noticed you don't have many views and subscribers. I may recommend you take a look here Buy Subscribers YouTube Cheap | High-Quality Guaranteed. You could buy some thousands of views and subscribers, and it'll be a beginning for your channel. It'll also help you start monetization. You can find a lot of lessons on youtube about how to get monetized. I hope you'll write and post further songs for us! I'm waiting for you to upload more melodies here! You're doing a great job!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I am working on a website right now. I have no idea how monetization could ever happen. It's a pretty narrow niche. Folky country farmer songs not exactly all that popular a genre. I had a couple non farm songs on the radio twenty years ago and made a few dollars on them and some others were used in documentaries but all in all pretty much just a hobby. Kept me busy last couple winters in the evenings anyway. Spent a couple winters in Nashville and that was all the reward I'd ever need for the effort I've put into it. Love that place, or at least love what it was then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts