The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finnaLLy got my 7120 to run this year with a chip or programer, last year ended up going threw three tunners and they all just threw codes and would not work

this year they sent me the correct one and it pulls all day long, with no codes and offers good power and fuel mileage

before when i would be running 100percent and have no tq to recover on slug and might even stall, now with the steinbauer runs in the high 80s and pulls the slug threw shockinging well

last week i ran mine for the first few days and a 8120 at the end of the week, they almost felt the same, with the advantage to the 71, with the same size 40 foot 2152 headder, but 25 percent better fuel, ran 12 hrs on one tank, compared to 9

also got a chance to run two full 100 percent hoppers(grain raN ON THE ROOF) of yellow peas to local elevator to weigh grain hopper of 7120, they average 350.4 bu(not the 315 published)

the 9.0l so far loves the new tune and egts so far have only increased 100degrees f, boost hitting low 50s

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
First time I've ever heard a combine as having fuel mileage.

As to hopper capacity, peas do tend to fill all the nooks and crannies plus that will likely be the highest density crop you'll harvest this year.
I find peas generally out weigh wheat by 5%.

Don

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
http://www.shopagripower.com/ ya gotta agree don more power more fuel, but these are electronic engines, link i posted, trying to git two machines together, tractors or combines, either pulling tillage or same heads, see if its bullsh't or not, myself i'm gun shy, if manufactures wanted hp would be stock, scott.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the chip from the dealer, they buy them throught a diesel shop in regina i think, cost was just over 2 grand and install was less than 10 minutes, ties in off the ecm in the back of the motor

i have run tunners in all sorts of tractors and trucks, hiway trucks, combines over the years, and yes a good tune will offer better hp with a fuel savings, they have no emmisions to contend to like the manufactures have to

dealer wanted 36thousand more for the 8120 over the 7120, and now with a 2 grand investment i can do as much or better than, makes sense in my mind

i also run a 215hp mcormick tractor that is chiped that runs almost 3 hrs longer on the same load with the tunner installed, and a lot less shifting making it easyier on the tranny

biggest advantage i seen with the 7120 is the stronger tq curve on slugs or tough cutting, compared to stock

ran a full hopper of springwheat in to weight and it was 346bu

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in late sept of last year steinbauer had sent over a tech from austrail, he dialed in a tune that threw no codes and offered a good constant power increase without raising fuel pressure much, all other tuners i treid last year never fitted or threw codes....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
combined a feild of mustard with another 7010 and 8120 today, ran same headers as the 8120 and 7010 had a 4 foot smaller header

ran around 25 percent less engine load compared to 7010, and about 5 percent less than 8120 running side by side..... 8120 driver could not beleive it ...lol

so far no codes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts