The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From here you can see my first complaint, let me clarify
The step height is almost equal to the second step of this handy dandy shop step, too high for this decrepit old fart. Additional bottom step ordered

In contrast
Rear ladder, level with first step.

No way to read continuous, instantaneous, L/HR, L/HA, L/T, this would be super interesting this year! Those but only averages can be read off the cab display/printer.

USB phone charger on arm rest only hot with key on, not sure that matters, depends if Libra cart app and Fieldview app draws IPad low, if USB hot all the time could charge overnight, will find out.

Two 750 CCA batteries on a 12/24 volt start system for a 15.6 L engine?! What!
My 3.5 L pickup has a bigger battery!

Not a bad whine list considering it’s still sitting in dealer shop.

NO NEW PICS BELOW

Attachments

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
What about that nifty hydraulic track setup. Can it simply be lowered for the ladder to go down a few inches. I know, not an Ideal solution. Somebody might make an extension on the ladder pivot pin to drop it down a few inches?

Can the instantaneous info be read on an external yield monitor. It shows a lot of info on an Ag Leader by one touch of the screen to "combine diagnostics"

Are there a few three prong electric terminals to get keyed off power for devices like the 700 series?

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about that nifty hydraulic track setup. Can it simply be lowered for the ladder to go down a few inches. I know, not an Ideal solution. Somebody might make an extension on the ladder pivot pin to drop it down a few inches?

Can the instantaneous info be read on an external yield monitor. It shows a lot of info on an Ag Leader by one touch of the screen to "combine diagnostics"

Are there a few three prong electric terminals to get keyed off power for devices like the 700 series?
It does do that, holding header switch for about 20 seconds in either direction will lower or raise the combine via track suspension about 4” in whatever direction you are holding it after feeder travel runs out.
It is neither practical nor enough however.
Your lowering the entire ladder at pivot is the best, that would make it like the old ladder, lower to put lunch pail on so both hands free to crawl ladder.
Off season idea project, have to settle additional flex extension for now.

Waiting for the diagnostic harness to add access code so don’t know how it’s going to marry up yet, my guess same as last year, just Y and M.
But you remind me, Deere has auto count reset for hopper fill after unload, that would be nice.
Within Claass own monitor there is a % full. Really Claas? Can’t just show how many tonnes since auger off or manual zero? Really?!
BTW, yield monitor is now grain elevator exit impact sensor, just like everybody else.

I did not notice whether it has those terminals, will have to check.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Well Don, your a better....I mean richer man than me...lol. Nice looking machine, I’m sure it won’t disappoint, you could bring it up here for a trial if you like...you know where I live...��

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!
Interestingly we have been blessed in this area with a big crop, what a great year for testing.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
I was kinda hoping for a review on the new Laser Pilot setup, but it looks like you don't have that. Or maybe it's not available yet?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Our 2011 740 didn't come with % tank full until a software update was needed years ago. I very much like that % full indicator, maybe more so than a bushel counter/tank, but I could see how both have their advantages.

Here is an example of the combine diagnostics page, one click on the typical harvest run screen. This isn't the best example though for you because on a Claas, it shows many other details, such as fuel rate.
[ame]https://youtu.be/l_xmZGmzLVM?t=53[/ame]

Don, are the shields metal or poly? I would certainly like poly, except for the fire hazard and for that reason, and being old school, appreciate the metal shields. Combine wrench the same?

Same cab, just redesigned?

Is the right side under the panel in witness protection??? Have yet to see one pic or vid under the right side. If you post a pic, will they lock you up?

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don, are the shields metal or poly? I would certainly like poly, except for the fire hazard and for that reason, and being old school, appreciate the metal shields. Combine wrench the same?

Same cab, just redesigned?

Is the right side under the panel in witness protection??? Have yet to see one pic or vid under the right side. If you post a pic, will they lock you up?
Funny you should ask, I commented to Justin (my techie) how light the grey shields over feeder and cylinder drive are, poly?
Nope he said, tin. Will give big shields the magnet test when I get close.

Cab redesigned I guess you could say, it’s more everything changed that’s in it that’s different, vastly more user friendly.

Lol, just haven’t got a cylinder drive pic yet, sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Can anyone comment on how these machines are priced compared to the old series? If nothing else Claas has stole a lot of thunder from the Ideal machine with the new series. I think this will make it a lot harder for Ideal to get established. It will be interesting to see what Case and Deere come out with or wether they are content to be way behind the pack. Adding more horsepower to the current Case and Deere design is not going to get them very far.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Our 2011

RT side is very similar to previous models minus the rotor drive
Clean grain is now manual adjust from the bottom
Cleaning fan is hyd adjusting now

And a ladder in the hopper

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure if it was a 8500 or an 8600, but the new model that I could have purchased over a 760 was 40 grand more if I remember right. Also was not sure how it was equipped compared to the 760. Our dealer was telling me a while back that they were going to take a few options of the build for the new machines to keep the price down.
I am guessing they will be bringing in 8500s since it’s a lower HP wide body and dropping the variable rate feeder house option as well. Not sure how I feel about that though.

Scott

·
Registered
897 Posts
From here you can see my first complaint, let me clarify
Some where in Germany a Claas engineer curses in German, What must I do to keep that Darn Don Boles happy.

I hope it works well for you this fall Don. I imagine you may end up with a few more riders than normal this fall

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was kinda hoping for a review on the new Laser Pilot setup, but it looks like you don't have that. Or maybe it's not available yet?
Europe thing for the laser pilot replacement.
So laser pilot is not available in NA?

I’m presuming all the wiring etc is? May need to organise a European visitor to pack something in their carry-on luggage for you...

:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So laser pilot is not available in NA?

I’m presuming all the wiring etc is? May need to organise a European visitor to pack something in their carry-on luggage for you...

:biggrin:
Not the new laser pilot, not in NA..

LOL, that's a very generous offer, come visit!
No idea if wiring is there.

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Some where in Germany a Claas engineer curses in German, What must I do to keep that Darn Don Boles happy.

I hope it works well for you this fall Don. I imagine you may end up with a few more riders than normal this fall
Thanks 712, you’re likely right.

Companies don’t learn anything if you just blow smoke up their ass, lol.

Farted around with it today learning, what a vast, across the board change it has been blessed with, if field performance matches the asking price is cheap.

If you happen to get close to me this fall, you had the 10.9/740 teaser last fall, should see a Claas a little closer in power!

1 - 20 of 378 Posts