The Combine Forum banner

481 - 500 of 534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Inspection door for the impeller
Which is kinda funny, finally a ladder into the hopper and a huge door over the impeller offering vastly better access on top vs old model.

Not that we are going to need any access with the new staggered paddle impeller and faster drive, right lexpower?!

·
Registered
300 Posts
At least it doesn't get worse 😉. I guess with the improvements you will have less problems in tougher conditions and greener soybeans. You will for sure let us know. Is your machine already updated?

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
At least it doesn't get worse 😉. I guess with the improvements you will have less problems in tougher conditions and greener soybeans. You will for sure let us know. Is your machine already updated?
No, and swapping to a 20 anyway.
You don’t think I‘m going to run without side window wiper/washers do you?!

Not beans, uncured green canola stalks in my case.
Yes, all the changes are encouraging, just hope the kids can grow as good a crops as they have lately for good testing.
I most certainly will let you know how the changes work, aside from the staggered impeller paddles/faster drive this is even more major:
Non 4D rotor covers, yay!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Don is it the bolted on bent plate attached to the bottom flap that is the improvement? Looks like the 4D part might still work and do its intended job of helping to even out sidehill distribution on the pan and still allow closure of all the grates when the flaps are locked closed. Wonder if they have been tested? On steep hill sides that bent piece of flap looks like it will stop the flow of material unless there is enough wind from the rotors to keep them clean.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Don is it the bolted on bent plate attached to the bottom flap that is the improvement? Looks like the 4D part might still work and do its intended job of helping to even out sidehill distribution on the pan and still allow closure of all the grates when the flaps are locked closed. Wonder if they have been tested? On steep hill sides that bent piece of flap looks like it will stop the flow of material unless there is enough wind from the rotors to keep them clean.
That is not my unit nor a pic taken by me.
However, that attachment is so a formally uncovered section is covered by an existing flap, that particular flap covering two sections.

This setup would not be capable of any directional control, open or closed only.
I do not know if the most innerly (9th section from outside) is permanently covered which was the original bandaid fix plan, can‘t tell from any angles I’ve seen, or controlled by a shutter and it’s too early to tell from the parts list.

The bent flap is simply so it closes tight on the second section it covers, no directional control of flow reason.

If your combine is angled such that that bend blocks flow that will be the least of your problems!

·
Premium Member
8,232 Posts
Twix here is the bulletin on the grate modification.

Screenshot_20200312-130509.png

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Wonder when they will properly fix it?
The one thing I always admired about Claas, very even and controllable shoe
loading capability and the only combine that can do that to maintain low losses.
Then they go and put on 4D rotor covers and completely **** it up!
An astoundingly and unbelievably poor design from a company that does a lot of things right.

Until they fix this back to all nine rotor concave section full open/full close shutters rotor covers my 2018 780 will remain the highest functional separating/cleaning unit I ever owned.

And while I’m at it, 6 concave machines need the 5th concave coverable as well but split it to allow 1/2 concave closing for fine tuning, all from cab of course.
Super brittle spring threshed wheat had all 5 concaves completely covered to balance shoe and rotor loss.
83% covered.

Super flexible tuning on a Claas, make it so we can make proper use of it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our 2011 740 didn't come with % tank full until a software update was needed years ago. I very much like that % full indicator, maybe more so than a bushel counter/tank, but I could see how both have their advantages.

Here is an example of the combine diagnostics page, one click on the typical harvest run screen. This isn't the best example though for you because on a Claas, it shows many other details, such as fuel rate.
[ame]

Don, are the shields metal or poly? I would certainly like poly, except for the fire hazard and for that reason, and being old school, appreciate the metal shields. Combine wrench the same?

Same cab, just redesigned?

Is the right side under the panel in witness protection??? Have yet to see one pic or vid under the right side. If you post a pic, will they lock you up?
there is a company who sells an add on green monitor that works on planters and combines and hooks up to the cloud via screen from a fruity company. I had been pestering one of the software developers for the cloud side of the business to create a "bushels harvested since the unloading auger shut off" function for some time. Then have a fruity company screen the cart tractor to the cart operator would know how many "bushels were harvested since the unloading auger shut off" and match how fast to drive to get back to the combine to prevent "cab corn" The product should be called "Cart Sense"

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
there is a company who sells an add on green monitor that works on planters and combines and hooks up to the cloud via screen from a fruity company. I had been pestering one of the software developers for the cloud side of the business to create a "bushels harvested since the unloading auger shut off" function for some time. Then have a fruity company screen the cart tractor to the cart operator would know how many "bushels were harvested since the unloading auger shut off" and match how fast to drive to get back to the combine to prevent "cab corn" The product should be called "Cart Sense"
Been urging Climate Fieldview to also provide weight since auger shutoff recording but since Claas has never provided that on their own monitors that likely makes it trickier. One can do it manually on Climate Fieldview but one also has to remember, that doesn’t happen consistently.
Agco and Deere do provide grain tank count up from auger shutoff weight.

·
Premium Member
8,232 Posts
Claas can display a % full status on center of cebis, just need to select it.

IMG_20190917_173739.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Yes, but it is a piss poor indication, when they changed to pressure plate sensor yield measuring I was hoping actual weight would be indicated but alas, no.
I want to be able to radio cart driver
“Got 14T here if you want it.”
Or
“Only have 5T, catch Joe first”

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Claas updated the advisor app, must have been waiting until the 6800/6900 new synflow walker sea green series announced the other day as they are in the list as well.

Agree with most of that except I will never run over 15 mm (10 min available) concave clearance.
Appears on these canola settings sieves run much more open and higher fan speeds than old school think.

Claas promotes all the extra separation at the APS yet in wheat, barley and canola the Disawning plates are recommended to be closed. Ok.

I was curious what Claas uses for seed weigh, wheat is a little above, barley also a little above but canola under seed weight averages here.
Shows one should be weighing losses and not simple seed counts.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
I assume this change made to the radial spreader is to more consistent and wider material spread

It is easy the bend that rubber flap mounted teeth to show wear pattern

Unlike these unbendable cast fingers used now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I did t realize those were mounted on rubber. Deere has them solid with finger style like that. You’d think rubber defeats whole purpose? Are the 700 series prochops that way?

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
I did t realize those were mounted on rubber. Deere has them solid with finger style like that. You’d think rubber defeats whole purpose? Are the 700 series prochops that way?
Yes, 700 series same.
It appears the back swept position the rubber mount would allow reduces the aggressiveness and would also vary with straw moisture condition (read straw weight), I gather that is why the change to cast solid mount fingers.

481 - 500 of 534 Posts