The Combine Forum banner

501 - 520 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Been urging Climate Fieldview to also provide weight since auger shutoff recording but since Claas has never provided that on their own monitors that likely makes it trickier. One can do it manually on Climate Fieldview but one also has to remember, that doesn’t happen consistently.
Agco and Deere do provide grain tank count up from auger shutoff weight.
Don on 2630 deere you can do auto increment load numbers. It then shows weight of current load. Not sure if that comes across on bridge or not but I’d think it would. I always use the alarm as a check on my yield monitor because it is virtually the same exact weight each time the 3/4 alarm goes off. If it’s displaying yield it has the weight so therefore you should be able to setup your 2630 page to show that stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Your response Don was a classic. Unfortunatley Donkey doesn't seem to maybe have the IQ to understand that he put his foot in his mouth. Anytime Don the moderators want to have the Donkey go missing is fine by me. The Donkey has contributed nothing useful to the forum which has been a great place for us to exchange information.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
And laughter is the best medicine. Maybe he's trying to cure Covid!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
The way the unloading auger shuts off now changes spill fundamentals, with the old setup while (if you ran the hopper empty) you would have whatever the harvesting rate is in the tube, now that hopper cross augers shut off first there is very little in the tube and when that drive shuts off the coast down time is much higher due to such light load and the inertia of such a big auger, there is very little coming out but it does it for a few seconds.
It’s mainly a cosmetic thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #516
What about this second screen by the cup holder. Is that an option or is it not available in NA also?
Called CEMOS DIALOG it is optional (MD_Q15_0021) and available in NA.
Does several things but I like it for dedicated Quality Cam view.
It is packaged with a bunch of auto controls this year.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
I neither knew nor noticed this before

Picture 1

The rotor concave fingers are staggered.

Picture 2

My pen grip fits under the finger and over the slight dent of next bar, trying to give a rough angle of rise on the fingers.

Picture 3

Section 9‘s permanent cover due to 4D covers never covering it.
Will it matter to lose 7.4% of the separation area? With the aggressive nature of these finger grates perhaps not. Perhaps shoe material loading will be evener with section 9 permanently covered?
Should the two non cover controlled concaves have section 9 permanently covered as well?
So many questions, so little time!
There is no question these finger grate rotor concaves have fundamentally changed material flow.
Looking forward to testing.

Picture 4

The extra flap pop revivited to cover section 6 to also cover section 5.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I’d love to crawl up there and come up with a mechanism for opening and closing cover 9. My 760tt has 4d and I plan to do that when it gets in. I won’t be doing any canola so perhaps it’s a non issue. However it looks to me like you should be able to hinge that 9th cover on the rib and get it to move in unison with other. Perhaps even make it so only half of that shutter is able to open???? I’ve got a solid month I’m thinking before harvest starts so hopefully can figure something out.
I don’t think deere separator grates are staggered like the 8800. Makes sense to be that way.
Don does cover 9 overlap the center section of prep pan with covers 8? Maybe there isn’t much separation that takes place there given it’s close to the 3oclock position versus say the 4 or 5 o’clock position? It looks to me like cover 8 dumps into the 3 section from outside of the prep pan and therefore loading should be very close to even still given section 8 contributes more to pan when open versus 9 especially as you work your way toward rear of machine I’d think. I definitely see how 5 must be covered with 6 as that probably has the most material coming out of it given its position at 6 o’clock.

On a deere to try and even shoe load out you always placed covers to right hand side(downstroke side of separator) I dry conditions to keep sieve from being overloaded. I would think same holds true in a lexion where downstroke side versus highest upstroke grate position causes most of the problems in dry brittle conditions.
I’m going to see if I can mount a camera in the prep pan or sieve area to watch what goes on. I’d think it could be done as I know there was a harvester video a couple years back where a guy stuck a camera in the shoe of a deere machine. Should be standard base inclusion with all machines. No guessing what’s going on that way.

I ddi get to crawl around the new x9 deere the other day. They still use same old method of covering separator grates with their clip on pieces that pretty much once you install you don’t change because not the easiest or cleanest thing in world to do. I’m surprised they didn’t change that because it would be a massive improvement for that machine
. Sieve area is massive like a lexion so improvement there big time. I’d imagine there will be one working somewhere here this harvest. Be interesting to see how it performs in tough conditions

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
I’d love to crawl up there and come up with a mechanism for opening and closing cover 9. My 760tt has 4d and I plan to do that when it gets in. I won’t be doing any canola so perhaps it’s a non issue.
I don’t think deere separator grates are staggered like the 8800. Makes sense to be that way.
Don does cover 9 overlap the center section of prep pan with covers 8? Maybe there isn’t much separation that takes place there given it’s close to the 3oclock position versus say the 4 or 5 o’clock position? It looks to me like cover 8 dumps into the 3 section from outside of the prep pan and therefore loading should be very close to even still given section 8 contributes more to pan when open versus 9 especially as you work your way toward rear of machine I’d think. I definitely see how 5 must be covered with 6 as that probably has the most material coming out of it given its position at 6 o’clock.
If I knew anyone was going to study this I’d have taken a couple of more pictures!

Do you mean 760tt as in a yellow, wire rotor concave machine?

C and P from your quote:
Don does cover 9 overlap the center section of prep pan with covers 8?
There are 6 prep pan sections, they’re positions matching shoe sections.
With an even number of sections on the prep pan there is no center section but yes, both left and right rotor concave sections 8 and 9 would discharge on middle prep pan section 3 and 4
Prep pan and shoe sections simply numbered left to right.
Don’t forget rotors turn outside in at the bottom so rotor concave sections are numbered outside in as well. You know that but it needs to be made clear why the high number sections are in the middle of both rotors.

Does amount of material discharged from rotor concave sections 1, 5 or 9 differ? Don’t know but let’s review some material stacking
Rotor cover section 9 stacking on the center two ((prep pan and shoe Sections 3 and 4) otherwise closed rotor covers.
Note this is wheat chaff.
Note almost no loading on outside pan (1and 6) from rotor concave sections 1 which would have been properly covered. So we still don’t know if open sections differ, lol.
Be a good test though, run covers all open and check loading.

You need to find out if the kit that is the bandaid fix for pre series sea greens (and included on 2020’s) 4D fits yellow machines cursed with 4D as well.

501 - 520 of 534 Posts