The Combine Forum banner

601 - 620 of 625 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
What kind of wasteland is that? I hear almost every year you get snow in harvest, we had it once last year in 30 years and that was enough

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Very little left this year, just hailed out reflowered canola.

Looking more season ender by the minute.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Very little left this year, just hailed out reflowered canola.
View attachment 161068
Looking more season ender by the minute.
I’m going to say it’s over here for the year as well. Super rare to not have snow during harvest, if not multiple times. Most everyone is done, but there is the odd field still out there, I feel for those who do.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don why do you have your display mounted on the entry corner post don't you hit it every time you come in the door?

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Don why do you have your display mounted on the entry corner post don't you hit it every time you come in the door?
No it’s not in the way even when the IPad is in it’s holder.
With 5 displays I was playing around with locations, too much for all on the right side.
If Fieldview had auto unload recognition for the IPad this would be an ok setup. It doesn’t.
With many combines of different width cuts track centering was not particularly convenient on the 4640 display in that position.
The whole setup needs more work.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Since this thread is called "My class whine list!" i just wanna whine about something class.This year we requested a demo from our Class dealer in our area,Alberta Ag Center.We were very excited when they told us we could demo a 2020 machine and since we have been deere forever this was a big deal.So they brought out the machine and gave us an excellent walkaround.This was in 120 bushel dryland swathed barley with lots of straw,the class guys then took an hour by themselves to set the machine. Then each of us combine drivers got to drive 1 round with the class guy ( that was a 1 mile run) Then the machine left, i was shocked and angry because i went into this with a open mind (i am a huge deere guy) that they would call this a demo and they had wasted our time. They then parked the machine in our yard at 5 oclock till the next morning, they even made it so we could NOT start the machine while it was parked at our place ,the next morning when the truck driver came to get it they enabled it to start from their cell phone and away it went.The guy didn't even let me throw our bushel plus pan with both machine driving side by side in the same spot and then he went around telling our neighbors/relatives that we had not wanted to throw a pan on our machines.When the machine left the the acer reading that he did at our farm read 18 ACERS! and he spent half of those setting the combine. But when he first ran in the field he tried going fast like **** but then he threw the pan too set it he was even with us. Well that joke of a demo left us with a foul taste about the dealer ship and for some reason about the combine, and I 100% guarentee you before this we were very much considering to mabey switch to class combines.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Wow I would be a little disappointed as well. To come out and only do 18 acres what a waste of time for you. Demoes can often be a big let down. Even after running these machines for many years it can take a while to get them set right so they preform at their optimum. The dealer is often the last place I would turn to when it comes to getting advice on setting these machines, If you have any sunny Brook or parts other than Oem in your machine then that is always the cause of your problem. Their specialty is fixing and selling them. I find the combine forum so much more helpful when it comes to figuring out how to get performance out of these machines. What the dealers promise for capacity out of these machines is also dream in many cases.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don, looks like a turret beside the chimney built for home defence on top your quonset. Was that a post-covid addition? Lots of rural crime going on now... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #615
Don, looks like a turret beside the chimney built for home defence on top your quonset. Was that a post-covid addition? Lots of rural crime going on now... :cool:
Ha ha, well, I did lose some fuel a few years ago!

That’s actually a ventilation system for the barn, originally 1/4 dairy, 3/4’s hog barn built in ‘63.
converted to entirely hogs and slotted floors in 72 (I will never forget all that jackhammer work!)
Hogs left in 96 and in the south (left end) Jayne and the kids put in four horse stalls.
Daughter Alyssa has her west side stalls are stripped out and moved to Tompkins SK at a farm where she now lives.
Daughter Stephanie has NOT stripped her side yet.

Empty for over ten years now she’d better hustle, the countdown is on for that building.

George (my dad) hated unmaintained, falling down old farm yard buildings and in fact once proposing a derelict building tax at a county annual meeting.
He’s not with us anymore but I vow his old yard will not suffer the very thing he hated so much.

Kinda of a shame he’s not still around, even he would be impressed by all the work Laura has put in on the yard.
And he was not always easy to impress.

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Since this thread is called "My class whine list!" i just wanna whine about something class.This year we requested a demo from our Class dealer
First off it’s Claas, class and the way your demo went should not be in the same sentence once let alone three times.
I called it my whine list (Laura would rather have wine) to cover complaints, while not a unit complaint your post fits and your are correct to be sour.

I catalogued every machine complaint as it came up to keep track of everything this harvest, I’m up to N now. Yes, started at A!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I find the combine forum so much more helpful when it comes to figuring out how to get performance out of these machines.

I agree with that, i think know quite a bit about Class combines from reading Don's posts on here.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
After these new machines for two seasons Don do you feel the new series has given you more capacity over your 780's?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Are you running Agra-GPS? I’m running a JD 4640 and AgraGPS and my yield data won’t display on CEBIS 🤔

601 - 620 of 625 Posts