The Combine Forum banner

621 - 640 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you running Agra-GPS? I’m running a JD 4640 and AgraGPS and my yield data won’t display on CEBIS 🤔
I might be wrong but I think that is just a bug with the newer software. Our 2014 780 displays yield and work-rate data on both the 2630 and in CEBIS but yet the 2017 one only shows on the 2630, that bottom right corner of CEBIS is just blank.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I might be wrong but I think that is just a bug with the newer software. Our 2014 780 displays yield and work-rate data on both the 2630 and in CEBIS but yet the 2017 one only shows on the 2630, that bottom right corner of CEBIS is just blank.
Yea ok, this is on a 7700. Software on agragps is 2.29

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
After these new machines for two seasons Don do you feel the new series has given you more capacity over your 780's?
Well, with the spring threshing action it’s technically three seasons!

One needs to consider more than capacity with such a huge model change, realize that is the easiest to see and compare notes on though.
Why would I want something that goes 1/3 slower on the road, holds 1/3 less in the hopper, unloads 1/3 slower, has twice the cab noise, pita to shift both gears and 4WD, pita to change cylinder speed ranges, etc., etc,. etc..
I wouldn’t want the 780 back, rather help develop a better new model.

When a semi retired farmer such as myself follows specific model development as close as I do you learn the gears of large company development grind very slowly. There are glaciers melting faster sometimes for some things.
Give you an example, preseries impeller.

This must be how the engineering meeting must have sounded 8 to 10 years ago:
Hey guys, let’s make the impeller with straight paddles to maximize pinch point length between the impeller and the straight raspbar, close proximity cylinder.
And just in case if that doesn’t ruin feeding enough what do you say we slow the ratio of the cylinder to impeller 1 to 1?!

Pretty sure and would like to think the meeting did not go like that but the end result turned out EXACTLY like that.
Well, 2020’s have the new Claas staggered paddle impeller, a 1.3 to 1 (ish) drive and when combined with my staggered raspbar SB cylinder impeller issues were eliminated for me.
Pinch point area length cut to 25% OF last year.
I have no doubt straight throughput has went up 20% between the two units with all the changes and impeller plugging has dropped 100%.

I‘m not 100% sure what’s going on, the new model flounders in super dry, brittle canola straw, either swathed or Roundup and Heat treated standing.
New practices were tried, slow and open 400/30/500, APS round bar closed, concave flap closed, six additional covers in main concave area, all four rotor covers closed gave close to 100% of a 780 swag.
Seems all machines struggled but the sea greens were worse.
Would have been nice to have a 780 for actual comparo.
When the conditions toughened the other 5 combines slowed down, I speeded up. While dry 17 ish t/hr, the sweet spot straw moisture level is 25 to 30 t/hr at EPL, variable number of rotor covers opened.
Wheat and barley are a 110 to 120% but peas....!
130% of a 780 given a good enough crop and all the stars aline, both EPL and virtually zero losses.
You are equally likely to hit 85 t/hr with the 8800 as 65 with a 780 both in perfect conditions.

So there is the long drawn out answer to your, hope you like, ended up writing it twice after accidentally losing version 1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you running Agra-GPS? I’m running a JD 4640 and AgraGPS and my yield data won’t display on CEBIS 🤔
Claas has hidden it intentionally whenever a 3rd party monitor is accessing yield data from the Canbus. They wanted to avoid having conflicting numbers on both monitors due to variances between GPS/Wheel speed, width settings, crop delay time, and internal unit conversions etc... They made it that way a few years ago, that's why 5 year old or so combines still have it on both monitors.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
When the conditions toughened the other 5 combines slowed down, I speeded up.
Thought I’d check the prep pans after working in those conditions.

Some material already off but the prep pans were mostly coated in this stuff.

Cats prefer canola material beds.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don don don .... dude are feeling ok ? If read everything about your claas in the last 8 years . Are you absolutely sure the new lime green monster is not worth running ? Well maybe it’s not awesome in chalk dry canola as one may expect .... but when in the last 5-6 years have we had that ? We had a 8600 demo and it seemed reasonably... .6 bushels out the back in a weak 50 bushel crop ... 4 mph 35’ header . I don’t understand why they went with them rotor gates that they have ... everyone could see they were a disaster in dry canola before it even went to the feild

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think we should do a poll for fun on what we think Don will be running ,i think an Ideal or X9!But since he likes MacDon headers it might be the Ideal since we think the X9 with not work with MacDon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think so to. Year or two ago someone asked Don what he would use if not a Claas and the answer was 10.9. I'm not so sure now though. I'd guess Ideal or X9 but lean toward Ideal and using his Macdon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The ideal 10 has the same engine as an 8900 right? That's my guess. He wants more horse powers.:LOL:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don moving away from Claas would be the december in the 2020 deaster bingo! Besides fires, nearly Iran war, covid, lockdown, killer hornets.... :D

621 - 640 of 640 Posts