The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last winter I asked here what yield monitor system was available for my Gleaner M3 combine. I am currently running Ag-Leader equip. for everything else but because my combine is so old they don't have a yield monitor kit for my machine. I spent a lot of time looking for anything that would somehow work with my machine. Someone here mentioned "Loup Yield Monitor". I had never heard of them but looked them up on the internet. After much discussion with them, replies here from a post about them I ordered the full system.

I just finished my corn harvest and here is my opinion.

I couldn't be more happy with the system, the support, and the results.
The system was easy to install and the support for a couple of installation questions was easy as well. After installation, the set up was fairly easy for me(fairly computer savvy) Again, after a phone call and the support guy working with me on the phone for 15 minutes, I was fully ready to go. The support guy even ran me through some extra screens to double check that everything was alright. After my first truck load, all I had to do was compare the "monitor" weight to the elevator's "actual" weight of the load of corn. One quick input of those two different weights on the appropriate screen and I was ready for the whole season. I did do a couple of moisture checks of the first couple of loads and did a manual computer adjustment to get the moisture reading to come close to the elevator's moisture meter.

It was so easy to operate. And the accuracy.... wow! After harvesting a 32 acre field, the computer said my average across the field was 175.9 bush/acre. The calculation of the weigh tickets said 177 bush/acre. Only 1.1 bushels off. That is incredible. I never had to calibrate the computer again. The monitor was just as accurate on the last load of the season as the first.

Transferring my farm and field names from my Ag-Leader into my Loup monitor was easy as well. The only thing I have not done yet, is transfer my yield data back into my SMS program. Will have to wait until next week to play with that.

Incredible system, easy to use, small learning curve, great support, BUT most of all $3500 versus about $7500 for an Ag-Leader.(if I only had a new enough combine to get...)

Many thanks to those here that told me about Loup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is correct. The sensor is optical and it is mounted on the upper 3rd of the clean grain elevator. As far as weighing, it uses a calculation of the volume and the moisture to come up with the load weight. It then just keeps adding to the total until you reset the counters. Again, the accuracy was incredible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.