The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone ID this one? It's a 24" cast wheel off of something built by Cockshutt. The guy that owns it was wondering if it was a packing wheel for a drill, but all the older ones I've seen had round spokes and a flat face. I'm thinking something directional for something like a horsedrawn dolly on a disc or plow... not big enough for a front tractor... although he is in BC, maybe a small orchard tractor?
we16b.jpg
1617589363916.png

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
OK, I think I got it, the Cockshutt combines had hand crank header lifts, a lot of farmers including my dad 112 was converted with Charlyn pumps it was a ***** to crank, lol.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm.... both good guesses. I'm siding with the plow depth gauge at the moment... just because the steering wheel type pickup lift on our old Massey's was a rounder , more steering wheel like outside edge and was held on with a single nut/square key. Except for the spokes, it is looking a lot like this one... I'm still not sure though. For some reason those spokes remind me too much of a large auger pulley, and I can't see it being strong enough for serious work.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1617755292569.png
Oh, oh... I might have to eat my last words. Look at what I found... Cockshutt plow out of Alberta with a 6 spoke back wheel...looks like 3 bolts in the hub as well.... I think we have a match! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure why I'm posting double pics sometimes.... can't seem to edit it...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Chattanooga disc plow also had a very similar wheel... I wonder if Cockshutt ever made a copy of that machine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts