The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to going through the pre production R50 we have. Hope this brings a little more life to the Gleaner section. Any comments welcomed.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gleaner N4, looks like your do,en a cab make over, new accelerator rolls, maybe rasb bar replacement, what else u got go,en on there ? Thanks Dave

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also put in a good used bin fill tube and new auger. Total cab make over to get rid of mouse smell. New spreader shaft and a bunch of cleaning with soap. Has 30 years of gunk on it.

I knew the cylinder bars were wore bad but didn't think they were like they are. Local mechanic has said they can be flipped around once they get some wear, but not as much as these. They are original bars with 1800 sep hrs. Was embarrassed when cutting beans with it. Couldn't run but 1 to 1.5 mph.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to be putting the rotor together tomorrow. How do i need to set it up? Local mechanic said to put two reverse bars on second row and the rest be forward bars. Its mainly going to be for corn but might use for wheat and beans if the R7 has trouble.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok, I put two reverse bars in for wheat and oats on the discharge end of the rotor (last row). I take them out for everything else. Otherwise, I've got the two f2 concave rasps in the bottom of the seperator concave and continued the helical across the corner of the feed opening. That's it, and I've got no rotor loss. Honestly, with the f2 concave rasps I don't think I need to fool with any reverse bars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
418 Posts
You could try bumping your cylinder speed up a bit. If your rotor loss is still excessive maybe put a couple reverse bars back in on the discharge end of the rotor. Are all the wires in on the concave? Have seen where every other is pulled out of the threasing side and the ones on the separator concave moved to get larger openings.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good Job! Are you going to carry the helical across the upper left corner of the feed opening? Believe it or not, makes a difference in capacity. About now, would be a good time to put the f concave rasps in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No didnt get it modified with the helical accross the corner. Had some 250 bu corn was running 3.5 mph and it still wanted more. Ive got to throw in another set of reverse bars to help solve some rotor loss. All the repairs has made it fun to operate. Ive got to get some finished cab pictures.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just wondering. Is it like most all the R50's I've seen (mine included) that only return the repeats to the accelerator rolls, or does yours have the optional return to cylinder? Always thought that would be nice in wheat.

Again, great job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts