The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to put the air cleaner off a 426 L2 engine on to a 426 N5 engine. To make it fit (Turbos on each are positioned different) I need to have a 10" length of 4" od dia. pipe. Rather than try and find metal piping that size-could I use a piece of PVC sewer pipe that is about 4" od. This pipe will run from boot on turbo down to a 45 degree elbow that attaches to a metal frame that is just before the air cleaner. Will be at least 3" away from any heat source. Just wondering if I'm losing it thinking this may work. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Don't think the white DWV PVC would be the way to go at all. . .heat, even vibration, I don't think it would work out. The Gray PVC might be a choice, or even ABS pipe. By the time you spend the coin on this stuff, I agree, I think the muffler shop idea is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I would see if some truck exhaust pipe would work. nothing wrong iwth a little chrome in the engine compartment. :)

how is the project coming along? a build thread, or should I say a re-build thread would be cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.