The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Whatever is specified for that year. All since the mid 70's run dextron atf until sometime in the 90's during the r62-72 production they changed to hyd oil. They didn't just change to different oil, the system component specs were changed to work with the different oil.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ATF that would meet Dexron III specs would be suitable. some older Gleaners called for Dexron (like the first Dexron made, aka Dexron I )

The high heat resistance, aggressive detergents, cold weather flow, etc. are reasons why Gleaner made their choice.

I imagine for a summer time only combine, some good 821XL would be suitable. If you want to differ from factory specs, I would contact a reputable hydraulics outfit, tell them what pump and hydro you are running, and get their opinion.

Like said above, the newer ones went to hyd. oil.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hydraulic oil and ATF are not compateable and most likely if mixed you will be repairing or replacing a lot of things. Don't risk all that damage and clean out of system. If it's tagged ATF use only that, don't even walk by that filler with tractor hydraulic oil. ATF is a totally different kind of animal with zero compare or tolerance for hydraulic.
Good luck, Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.