The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am getting ready to attempt combining canola with an N7 for the first time. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to know if anyone has experience with small seed kit on N7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for info rseventyone. This is irrigated Napus canola which will be windrowed and should do the equivalent of 2700 lbs/ a.. It is seed production so the swathes are only about thirteen feet wide. Not sure about the cage sweeps I just got the machine, but will look into it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here are some settings to start: concave 3/4 inch, rotor speed 900, top sieve open, bottom sieve 3/8 inch, fan choke 5, or higher if using small seed damper.

There are differences between varieties and from year to year so take the time to assess losses and tweak accordingly. In hot and dry conditions its easy to break up the straw excessively and send lots of material to the sieves. Don't skimp on wind just because the seed is so small. Not sure if you still use a cage sweep but if you do expect some issues. Use cage covers or just unhook it.

Curious if you are straight cutting or picking a swath? Napus or rapa? Expected yield?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased N7 last fall, my first rotary, I had problems with setting machine especially in canola, couldn't stop grain from going over sieves and chopper. Rotors and accelerators seem ok. Also I am wondering why some are saying to remove cage sweep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts