The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always say I try to learn something new everyday and have to admit for the first time this morning I read that there is a appreciation day for squirrels lol.

Have to admit, they never last long if they take up residence in the yard, being the destructive little buggers they can be, but out in the bush I always leave them alone. Have one living in an old rotted down windrow where I let some trees grow back, right by the gate I go thru to feed the cows silage. He almost always is out there on the fence or a close tree every time I come back thru afterwards, only days he has missed was when it was -40 and change. Reminds me of how my old dog always went nuts over a squirrel and yesterday he come up really close to me, its like he has been getting braver each day, and for some reason thought I'd take a pic of him, after posing for one, he made haste to scurry back across the gate I had just closed so he could go back into the trees.
So in recognition of it being his day, give him his five minutes of fame lol.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
They have brains?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
That tree rat is a Jenner chipmunk? I would say red squirrel . I think some call them pine squirrel

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Our St. Bernards ( only one now), and the resident squirrels have endless fun together, reminds me of the Disney cartoons from way back. The squirrels come to ground level, make a bunch of noise, then as soon as the dog comes, climb the nearest tree or building, and make a bunch more noise to tease the dog. The dogs would spend hours when they got a squirrel cornered in a tractor or similar.

The squirrels get surprisingly friendly and chatty when you see them everyday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts