The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi big a what sizefront do you hav, on my old 8010 had a 39 ft with the 3 ft bolt on and a steward steel on the end was enough to get away from bin drivers. as for the new 40 ft they are centre mount got one on me 8120 with the same extensions but insted fo the steward steel plastic end i used the original case end spout.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
i just put on the stewart extender on the end with the long plastic spout and love the length, but leaks like a sieve unless i completely empty the auger. Anyone have this trouble?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I talked to the Stewart Steel rep at Agritrade last week and he said that they will probably change the design. From what I can remember he said that they are going to be moving the grainsaver door in a little and welding keystock inside the tube so that it has a lip to seat against. According to him it's very difficult to stop the grain from leaking because as the auger swings back in it turns about half a turn pushing whatever grain is still in the auger out. He also said that it's a three foot extension but by the time it's on your only gaining about two.

It'll be interesting to see how it works on 40 feet, from what everyone says it should be enough. That deal with the second 3 foot factory extension that FT ran just doesn't look like a good idea. There has to be a reason why they don't just do that at the factory. I'm sure guys have gotten away with it but I'd probably be the one that didn't.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Would like to lengthen our auger on our 8010. When we dump on the go it would be nice to have a little more room. We also would like to go to a 40' draper in the future. I have a few questions........

1. Which would be better add another factory 3' extension like FT did or get the extender kit from Maurer?

2. Are there any pros and cons to each?

3. Are 40' drapers centered or offset?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Right now we have the 24' auger I believe. It has one 3' factory extension on it. We are running a 35' 2020 right now. The end of the head looks to be about 3' from the tractor or cart tires when we unload on the go with the auger in the center. Our cart is a 1050 Demco.

Which is a better buy the Stewart Steel unit or the Maurer unit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I added the Stewert Steel extentions to our 2 7088's with the 24'augers. We run the 2152 40' headers, there is enough room to get to the centre of our 1282 Brent cart, but barely. Stewert Steel extentions don't give a true 3', as the factory extention does. Next year's 7088's will have 3' additional factory extentions instead.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We are running 2 3ft extensions to get the cart away from the 40' MacDon. Case doesn't recommend this, may be able to get away with the 4.5' extension from Case. With the 2 3ft. exts. we run the cart 2 rows from the header.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I didn't know case had a 4.5' extension? The 4.5 would work for now. If I'm going to spend the money, and take the time I want to do it for now and later when we get a 40' draper. I have a couple of questions for you?

1. How have you made out with the 2 3' extensions?
2. Any problems?
3. Is it just a bolt on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ours are the extensions that bolt on right at the elbow. I think the 4.5ft. would leave you driving the row next to the header on the 40 ft header. With our cart drivers that would be disaster. So far we are getting along ok with our 2-3ft extensions. If you can't get emptied out and have an auger full of corn sometimes it has trouble getting in the cradle. Also you will have no clearance issues with the grain cart. The 2 extensions really put it up in the air. We are using J&M 1150 carts and have no clearance issues. Any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Where are you located? I'm guessing I will price one out. Do you remember how much it was. The last time I priced the extender that kit was around $900.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We only use 42 foot fronts in Australia, And there are actually 8010's here with 50 foot fronts.
The extender kits with the genuine extension tube are ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts